Clutch Pedal Noise

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just started hearing a popping noise from my clutch pedal some of the time when I start to push it down, appears to be coming from the pedal itself or close by, any thoughts on the issue?

As a side note, about 6 months ago, I was driving and the clutch pedal hit the floor, which was easily fixed by reattaching the spring on the mechanism that had popped off - that was out of the blue though after 45k+ miles driving with no sound or issue before or since, until the current issue.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming you have a Gen 4? Either way I had a similar problem with my brand new 09 ACR. The clutch pedal was very mushy after driving for a short while but no popping noises. Under warranty the tech first replaced the fluid and clutch master cylinder. Still mushy or soft and then had a clutch internal piece replaced? Not the clutch itself though. Seems ok now. Computer also had to be replaced due to CEL issues (nothing new there) with under 1k miles and two batteries. Yes, under 1000 miles. Seems sorted now but what a hassle for a $100k car.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no pedal mushiness, I just heard and feel the pop much of the time when shifting, since last week.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the problem is that the bushing connecting the pedal mechanism with the lever to the slave cylinder, it's blown up, so if anyone has a replacement bushing, let me know!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery