Clutch replacement questions

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I need to replace the clutch on my 99 gts acr. I am going to have my local mechanic do it and he asked me some questions. Do I need to replace the slave cylinder when I do the clutch? How much is the part? Also, is there a throwout bearing involved? If I need a flywheel, how much is a stock one? I know an aluminum one goes for $400 but I don't know if I want to go that route.
Thanks!
Gary

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a spec3... it has everything you need. cheap and good. will also handle lots of power. spec2 if you are worried about anything.

good luck!

JD

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already bought a Luk. I read that it was a direct replacement for oem. Did you need to replace the slave cylinder? Also, how much was your new flywheel, if yo don't mind me askin :smirk:
Thanks
Gary

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no need to replace the flywheel. Luk is a direct replacement. SPEC comes w/ throwout bearing, alignment tool, and pilot bearing. no need to reaplce slave cyl...

JD

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slave Cyl w/TO bearing MSRP $307.00
Flywheel #4643416AB MSRP $579.00
[Less 20% VCA]

You wont know if you have to replace either one UNTIL you get them out and look at them.
"Do it right the first time"

Dave R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced my clutch and slave cylinder this past summer.

The LUK clutch replacement kit comes with pressure plate, disk and throwout bearing. LUK Part# 05-088

The LUK slave cylinder comes without the bearing.
LUK Part# LSC134

Costs were Kit = $190, Slave = $205 plus tax & shipping
Transtar Industries (440) 232-5100 Walton Hills, OH

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
Was the slave cylinder leaking or did you just decide it was better to do it while you were doing the clutch?
Thanks!!
Gary

Dave R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was having problems shifting into 3rd gear, so pulled the trans to put in new synchros. Decided to replace clutch and slave just to be safe.