cockpit sounds in Srt-10

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that the viper is not a luxury car,but does anyone have an srt-10 that exibits some kind of noise with the top up or down? My noise concern is tolerable inside the cockpit. The car seems to make a rubbing noise from inside? Anybody else have a say on the topic?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a little squeek/rubbing sound, with the top up, from the top of the windshield, just in front of the driver. Seems to come and go. Think a little silicone will fix it. If I tug down on the top hand grip it goes away.
Otherwise very quiet. Maybe even a little quieter than my coupe.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,
Mine makes the exact same sound in the exact same place and also stops when I tug on the top. I was also thinking of silicone. Do you think it's where the little ****** goes into the opening in the header?

OP
OP
G

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to agree with the quietness in the srt-10. When it was cold out in michigan (late winter) and around 40 deg. and sunny the car was noisier than a s.o.b. in the cabin because it was cold and nothing was loosened up. I just went out with my dad to take a ride to the harley store and the ride was really smooth and collective. Hardly any cockpit noise. Can't wait to bring it down to Florida!!!

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine doesn't sqeak rattle or anything. It is completely quiet. I do have some black sticky silicone stuff rubbing onto my driver side window though.

g3173

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roadtrip: Yeah I know what you mean :( Last week, nice sunny day, I took her out for a ride on the back roads. When I got home, I noticed this black sticky substance coming off the door near the weather stripping. Looked like the whole weather stripping near the driver side and passenger side window were melting :mad: I hope this doesn't continue to happen.

/Gene

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness