Coincidence?

dshaf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed SCT tune on car last week,I like the results. This is the 3rd time I've driven car since putting in tune and I got a "service engine soon "light. Does the service engine soon light come on at pre determined miles (I have 37,430) or has anyone else had this occur.Thanks for any inputs.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your PCM is seeing something it does not like and there should be a stored code. Plug a scan tool in and read the codes. It does not mean "drop everything and go get an oil changed"! :smirk:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed SCT tune on car last week,I like the results. This is the 3rd time I've driven car since putting in tune and I got a "service engine soon "light. Does the service engine soon light come on at pre determined miles (I have 37,430) or has anyone else had this occur.Thanks for any inputs.

what year is your car

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you go about resetting the PCM? Just for my future reference...

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a CEL light when I have my SCT tune in the car because the PCM detects a checksum type error and thinks the PCM software is corrupted. This occurs as soon as the key is turned on though, so probably not the same problem you are seeing.

An ODBII code reader is a tool definitely worth adding to your tool box.

V

Venomiss

How do you go about resetting the PCM? Just for my future reference...

Many threads devoted to this in the search when putting in resetting PCM.
You can also put in PCM to the search but be sure to add in an asterisk after PCM* so it's long enough to pull it.

Disconnect pos+ battery cable at battery and short to chassis.
Wait for about a minute.
Reconnect the cable.
Turn ignition key to on not the start- and push fully and release gas pedal 5 times to set WOT.
Turn the key off. Wait about a minute.
Do the hokey pokey and turn your self around. Just for fun.

Bigsalgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many threads devoted to this in the search when putting in resetting PCM.
You can also put in PCM to the search but be sure to add in an asterisk after PCM* so it's long enough to pull it.

Disconnect pos+ battery cable at battery and short to chassis.
Wait for about a minute.
Reconnect the cable.
Turn ignition key to on not the start- and push fully and release gas pedal 5 times to set WOT.
Turn the key off. Wait about a minute.
Do the hokey pokey and turn your self around. Just for fun.
Good information right there!

OP
OP
D

dshaf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info,do I just plug the SCT tuner in the OBD port, does the car have to be running ,will the error code just showup or do I have to select something on the tuner?

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just plug in the SCT and it will walk you through it. Its going to ask you to have the key off then turn it on after 10 sec.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info,do I just plug the SCT tuner in the OBD port, does the car have to be running ,will the error code just showup or do I have to select something on the tuner?

I do not believe the car has to be running. I haven't used mine in quite some time, so I can't recall the actual process. Try this:

-From the Main Menu, go to Vehicle Info and press select
-Go to Read DTC and follow the directions- It may have you turn the key on

From there you can look at codes and you can also erase them. If it's not a serious code, try erasing it. It may have been one of those one time issues. If it comes back, then troubleshoot the problem.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-car not running

-key in off posistion

-plug her in

-scroll through the menu and choose the read dtc's option

-follow instructions

-make sure when it says turn key off that the key is completely in the off posistion and visa vers when it says turn key on

-write down the dtc code

-choose the clear dtc option

-report back here with the code you wrote down and someone will tell you what the code is pretty fast

OP
OP
D

dshaf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the dianostic code from SCT , it read "Error 11 OBD NOAUTODETECT " . Tried to clear it with the SCT but it wouldn't clear. Have not tried the + battery cable trick yet with the HokeyPokey. Had trouble finding what the code means. Should I do the battery cable trick

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds like an error from the SCT, like it can't identify your PCM. A PCM code would look something like this "P0300 - Multiple Random Misfire". There are dozens of different codes and you need to find which one it is. Borrow a code reader from someone and try it. Seems like the SCT is not connecting properly.

OP
OP
D

dshaf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it turns out the Error 11 noautodetect code is that the SCT tuner is not seeing the PCM---so they(SCT) are sending me a program that resets the PCM and SCT ( like a computer crash). Went to Auto Zone and the Code P0153 came up which is an O2 sensor.Thanks for all the info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32