Colorado Viper owners: Dyno Day on 17-Sep-2005

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Through a friend of a friend of a friend, I found out about a new dyno shop in Denver. I have been there a couple of times. The owners (Joe and Scott) were nice and very careful with the vehicles. All of their equipment is new. Here are a few pictures of the shop:

7679P1010359-med.JPG

7679P1010337-med.JPG

7679P1010334-med.JPG

7679P1010351-med.JPG

I thought it would be fun to have a dyno day there. The cost would be $35 per car. If everyone could chip in a few extra bucks, I could bring some hot dogs, hamburgers, drinks and all the other “side stuff” for lunch (the owners would provide a grill).

I propose we meet there at 9:00 AM on 17-Sep. Who is in?

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds great. I'm in.
It will be interesting to see the actual (stock) numbers of how much HP/TQ we get at this elevation. A couple of months ago or so at Bandimere the stock Gen II's were running around mid 13's. :(
Mike

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the list of attendees I have so far:

* Steamroller (me)
* Don
* MileHi Snake
* goldfish

In my original post above, I proposed meeting at the dyno shop at 9:00 AM. One thought is that we could meet before then for breakfast at 8:00 AM, and then show up at the dyno shop at 9:30 AM. Thoughts?

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who else is in? What are your thoughts on meeting for breakfast?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be picking up an '04 SRT Ram RC from Woodhouse this saturday (sold them my '01 snake about a month ago). I may be able to bring it out on my 4 day break. Speaking of Bandimere, my bone stock '01 did a best of 13.228 @ 109.3 with a 70 degree temperature. Not bad when this is reduced to sea level. Without taking into account the density altitude the NHRA conversion is about 1 second for Bandimeres elevation.

Has Bob D. or NO MERCY chimed in yet? I'd love (I'm sure we all would) to see NO MERCY's TT SRT spin the dyno.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm off for several days before and after the 17th so for now count me in. NO MERCY should go last so we can all get a turn before he puts his beast on and overheats the rollers :)

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the recent get-together we had (Sunday, 7-Aug), there was some additional interest in this dyno day. If you are interested in coming, please let me know by responding to this post. Thanks!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested as stated above. Where is the dyno shop and what time are things "going down"? Maybe we can organize a small caravan to the shop?

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave T... The shop is near the intersection of Highway 285 and Wadsworth. I figured we could show up at the dyno shop at 9:00 AM. I am up for the caravan as you suggested... Did you have a meeting place in mind?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not really. Sounds like most of us will be scattered around the metro area so it wouldnt make sense to backtrack. I'll be down towards Martin Marietta (south of chatfield reservoir) so it sounds like a short drive for me.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who else is in? We need at least eight cars that will get on the dyno. I think it will be fun!

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will they take a stock 1985 Honda Prelude? My question is the opposite of NO MERCY's, how low will the dyno register? :laugh: I'd hate to put all of you guys to shame!

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the list of attendees I have so far:

* Steamroller (me)
* Don
* MileHi Snake
* goldfish
* Dave T

We need at least eight cars to run on the dyno. Who else is in? As a reminder, if you can chip in a few extra bucks, I will bring hamburgers, hot dogs, etcetera to cook at the shop.

Let's get some more people to join us!

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steamroller, did you see my post in the "event" section about bandimere this wednesday? I'll have the SRT Ram there and then the dyno day saturday. The air will be nice and cool with temps in the 50s or possibly 60s, low humidity, and light wind.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave T... No, I did not see your post in the "event" section. I may have to show up!

All... I would appreciate you pm'ing me your cell phone number so I can contact you, if needed. Thanks!

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can chip in on food or bring some as well. Trying to figure out how to fit a grill into the car might be tough though.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don... Thanks for the offer regarding the food. I may take you up on it. Regarding the grill, the shop owners will be providing it.

Dave T... Thanks for sending me you cell phone number. If we do not get at least eight cars, we can probably still have the event, but it may cost more than $35 per person. I will look into it.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the shop details where the dyno day will be:

Mile-Hi Dyno Tuning
2331 West Hampden Ave
Englewood, CO 80110
303-783-DYNO (3966)

We will be meeting at the shop at 9:00 AM.

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the website of the shop we are meeting at:

http://www.milehidyno.com/

There is a link on the website that shows where the shop is on a map. FYI, the shop is fairly far back in the building complex. You can call the shop (303-783-3966) to get more detailed directions.

See you there!

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MileHi Snake... I would appreciate you PM'ing me your cell phone number and full name. Thanks!

OP
OP
S

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a reminder that this event is tomorrow (17-Sep). I will be bringing hamburgers, chips, etcetera for everyone. Feel free to chip in a few bucks for the food.

See you there!