Columbus V10 Refresher

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday
If you get to the track BEFORE 3PM you can come in the gate nearest the tower for early Viper Pit parking.
AFTER 3PM you'll need to get in line with the regular Friday night test and tune cars. Gates open at 5PM. You'll still have reserved Viper parking in the pits. Look for the yellow Dunlop Truck.
You'll need to pay the Friday night test and tune entry fee and go through track tech.
Time trials until 11PM. Street Tire Shootout around 8PM. There is also a local Heads Up Fastest Street Car program running Friday night called the King of Columbus. There will be three qualifying rounds and racing at 9PM. 10.5 slicks, street legal cars, Cash Purse!
Saturday
Gates open at 11:30AM. Tech starts at Noon. AutoX starts around 1PM and continues until 6PM. NOTE: To qualify for the Viper Combined AutoX and Drag low ET you must run the same set up in both events. Have your Drag pass verified prior to attempting your AutoX runs. (See an Ohio VCA Rep) Awards will also be given for Stock Viper (OEM tires) and Mod Viper in the autoX. Keep track of your times and notify the starter of your class prior to a run.
Staging Lanes close 6PM. Neo Classic support activities and car show presentations, bikini contest etc until 7:30PM. (We share the venue with a regional sport compact event). Racing in all classes starts at 8PM.
ESPN will cover all final rounds, hopefully semis. Show will air on Inside Drag Racing later this fall. Viper owners will also have the JEGS tower suite available for hospitality. Sam Goldfarb will also have his motorhome on site for a place to hang out.
REMEMBER: BE COOL IN TECH AND WE'LL ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! EVEN IF YOUR NOT RACING COME AND JOIN US. Saturday spectator fee is only $15. Bring your car in for $25.

I'm confident this marriage of the Viper Nationals and the V10 Nationals will be the mother of Viper Drag Events!! Be there!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year there was a cash ($500??) prize for the autocross/drag winner ? What will "I" win this year :laugh:

Sounds like we have to drag first, then autocross ? Or either way ?

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohio VCA cash went to the street tire shootout and the V10 class awards. No money for the combined AutoX and Drag low et. We have a nice trophy, but I already put Bene's name on it! Also trophies for fast Stock and Mod AutoX Viper winners.
You can do your runs either way. We just need to confirm your set up is the same to qualify for the combined. Let us know prior or just after your drag attempt so we can log your et. I'll introduce those making attempts to my girlfriend Deb. She'll keep track ( as soon as tell her)

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will those (me) who want to show up on Saturday with a Viper, but not race, be able to drive to the "Viper pit/coral" area?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pauls,

I'm confused. If you paid for the event via Dr. Roof, you still have to pay for Friday test and tune?

"You'll need to pay the Friday night test and tune entry fee and go through track tech."

ohiofire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a hr away anyone else driving up there Viper .. Me and my Son may bring ours up..

Sean Dean
98 RT 10 STOCK !!!!!
WOW what a car for a newly divorced bachelor.. LOL :2tu:

S

SUN RA KAT

Sean, Xenia to the track, 12 Noon Friday. Although we are trailering the two cars.

Kenny drives his to the track, on the track, and home from the track. My tires will already be warmed up for the Street Tire Shootout from driving to Columbus. :D