Coming Soon...

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
All I can say is WOW. If you need a Gen 1 test vehicle.... I am located in Dublin Ohio.

But what about headroom? I am 6'3" and I do go to the roadcourse? Would I fit with the helmet? What about with a seat lowering kit?
Lance

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice, but the scoop has to be functional.

Please make it flow air!!! Would be a very nice feature.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance,

Glad you like it. It's a pretty low top and the goal is to be able to fit a 6'1" person in without modification. I think 6'3" would be just fine with a seat lowering kit but you might want to get rid of the idea of a helmet.

Russ,

I'm looking into it. It would not be difficult at all and your one of a handful that has mentioned it (not just here).
Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOPAR STEVE!!! You're push'n me man!

Just kidding. I can't answer the question entirely until I know the patent office has my submission. To answer in a round about way, I can tell you you'll only have to do it once, and when the top is not in use you won't have to worry about anything being unattractive. It's a separate type of unit in itself that comes with the top.

Slaughter,

Yes, the pics will post soon of the non-scoop version.

AJT,

Probably not.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice Jeff!

Will you also offer that top in one piece??

Much smoother look over the OEM design, looks great..

Tim,

Funny you should ask. Biff at v-mania has been hot on a top like this for a while. He actually drove to Michigan this morning to come and check it out. We have worked together in the past and have a good relationship. Long story short, V-mania will sell the one piece version of this top for those who desire to have one without seams.

Jeff

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MOPAR STEVE!!! You're push'n me man!

Just kidding. I can't answer the question entirely until I know the patent office has my submission. To answer in a round about way, I can tell you you'll only have to do it once, and when the top is not in use you won't have to worry about anything being unattractive. It's a separate type of unit in itself that comes with the top.

Jeff

Wow,
This sounds like exactly what I want....

Looks like you will remove the pad and replace it with something that will look good and be able to receive the new top.

Jeff,
What kind of time frame are we looking at until they are ready?...
Also it is nice to know Biff is involved with this....He is a first rate guy!!

Cheers,

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff,
Really nice work, I know you're still working on the RT10, but do you think to do some similar work for the SRT? Since the coupe doesn't do it for me, A SRT with your work might be a good option.

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff.....I'll buy a red one sans the scoop. Tell me where to send the check.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topawan,

I keep thinking about that. It may be worth it if DC diasappoints. I'd basically have to replicate a comp coup for the street. It's a bit more than I can handle at this time.

Jimster,

All the info is on the website.

Jeff

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I'm "Pretty Hot" on it alright!! I Drove 600 extra miles on a days notice to see it.It's a perfect add for the RT/10 guys, myself included. I've always liked the "Flat-top" look and have owned a TGF top since '97. The downside to the "Flat-Top" from a marketing perspective has always been height restriction and no window selection. Now with Jeff's newly designed top, a set of Vipermania's custom windows and some creative mounting options these issues become insignificant. These new tops will offer the RT/10 community another excellent option when it comes time to purchase a Hardtop. Anyone who has done business with Vipermania knows our committment to customer satisfaction, I can assure you that Jeff is of the same mold. I look forward to the upcoming months as we have some other "goodies" that will soon be released as well....Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all of you bargain hunters out there, I have the original style red gen 1 trunktop on my car with non slider windows that I'll sell at half price. Great condition.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, first update is of the PROTOTYPE fiberglass outer skin. This has no inner structure yet and has plenty of small flaws to be worked out. Not really that exciting to see as it is not much different to look at compared to the clay with the exception of the body colored gel coat.

For those waiting to see the non-scoop version, I ran into a bit of a snag with that so it may be delayed a little. Sorry.

I'll be updating in a few days with the sport bar. Stay tuned...

Jeff

To see the fiberglass skin:

http://www.trunktop.citymaker.com/page/page/1630558.htm

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Cool!! Send one to Dodge for the new Coupe so they can see what a roof scoop should look like and put in on the new coupe!!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Jeff:

Again awesome work! Look forward to additional details on the window fitament as well for us Gen 1 guys (currently have Vmania windows)!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments.

Gen 1 fit is important to me also (I have a 94).

Back to work....

Jeff

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, very nice. I'll be interested to hear about wind noise and whether it bounces around at the back connection, which was always the weak point for all the hardtops.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be sure to test both versions, (with scoop and without scoop) at high speeds, with and without side windows. You'll want to make sure that it will stay on the car, near top speed of 190 mph. My guess is that you may have problems when side windows removed, with wind forces trying to lift it off the car.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interesting thing you will notice in the next week or so is that this top has SIX mounting points as compared to four. A center clamp to prevent center lift, and three draw latches in the rear. One in the center, and two that are a bit more outboard than factory.

Unfortunately, I have no place to test obscene speeds at the moment.

Jeff

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realy like to see what it looks like with the top pad that is not shown. This looks a little mechanical rather than cosmetic.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Yes, the "upper" pad is the key to the cosmetics. Once in place, the mechanics will not show and the look will be almost identical to factory.

Jeff

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like it will hold the top down secure in the back so it isn't rattling around. Anxious to see how it performs, looks like a great option. Nice work Jeff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth