Coming Soon...

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rocket,

I understand the need to know about the window portion. For orders that need to be shipped, Vmania windows will be used and they are shaped specifically for this top. I'll try to get those pics up soon. If your waiting to see the AP version of the window, we are a few weeks away from showing thatif the idea works out.

Yes, the scoop in the only version until I can catch my breath to do a non-scooper. This could be a while. February price is still $2195. If you want to beat the deadline, we can delay shipment (six week wait anyhow) until you can see the windows. If you don't like what you see cancel the order.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've updated here but I left alot of you hanging on the window status. They are now done and I am very happy with them. My "next best thing to roll down" concept did not work quite like I originally wanted. The plan was to have the windows pop outward the swing up (like to doors on a Lambo) to reveal the entire window opening and maintain one pane of glass. I ended up sliding back instead of swinging up and, even though the opening is not the entire width, it is still large enough to do the things discussed in this thread. I also opted for real tempered, curved auto safety glass. I did modify one set of vmainia's and it was ALOT of work. I really like the Vmania window and it was the inspiration behind the new AP window as you can see they have a similar look. However, I really liked the idea's (found here) about a large opening. What really drives me to get things done is how much I desire to have something for myself (on my 94). Selfish, I know, but it works.

http://www.trunktop.citymaker.com/page/page/1732041.htm

I've been EXTREMELY busy with the entire project and the gen 1 cars did not work out using the gen 2 tops as originally planned. The appearance looked cobbled and it became obvious I had to make new molds for G1 to bring the top panel around the sport bar down to the lower door tower.

The gen 2's have been shipping for a while and the gen 1's have now started. Thanks to all of you for your support and ideas as this was a fun project. I'll continue to refine the product over time to make it the best it can be. For those of you that have one on order I am sorry about the wait. For those who have yours, I envy you as I WANT ONE FOR ME! My father keeps telling me "The cobblers son is the last to get shoes". Easy for him to say, he's driving the yellow car that has top #1 (the top on my car is a customers). Eventually, I am going to cut in line and make one for me.