Comp Coupe Oil Pan

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who have done this mod, does the car drive any differently (more efficiently, cooler, etc.)? Interested in your impressions and I know for the track it is a must.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The comp coupe oil pan will not make a difference in the performance.

The major difference is a oil pickup swing arm, mounted in the pan, that swings over to the side where gravity is pulling the oil. That way it is always sucking oil, even when in high g-force turns. It's purpose is to avoid oil starvation, when the standard pickup goes dry, as all the oil is forced over to one side in a turn.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
There is another alternative, it's called an Accusump. It actually stores about 3 quarts of oil and then uses it if starvation should occur, for up to about 1 minute (if you're in a high g turn on a road course for longer than this, you have a problem). Check with West Coast Viper. They have my car now and are looking at fitting one. These have been in use on GTS's for some time.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have long been distributing the Accusump kits, for Gen-2, and I can also put together a Gen-3 kit if need be. (I have had one on my SRT for about a year) Cost would be roughly 750-850 for an SRT-10 kit. It is more much complicated than the Gen-2 kit, and requires much longer hosing, as well as a custom oil line with a T connector in order to provide a tap-in point. I could put one together in about 10 days if anyone is interested. I can also post pictures if anyone would like to see them.

I highly recomend the CC oil pan AND an accusump for the ultimate in reliability. It will provide pre-oiling and surge protection on top of the CC pans already impeccable oil supply ability.

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the part number for the CC pan (and any other parts required for the install, i.e. new pickup?).

Thanks.