Comp Coupe Wheels

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case anyone is still wondering (I saw the queston posted a few months back) Comp Coupe wheels do not fit an SRT-10 chassis car. I was bored tonight so I went out and tried fitting my Comp Coupe BBS race wheel to my 2008 ACR. The off-set was off over an inch on the rears.I didn't even try fitting a front-looked like the same result. The wheels stick out past the the bodywork over an inch. That is how much wider a CC is.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh I just bought a set of VR1's, so did another guy on here, havn't put them on yet.

guy I bought them from was running them on his GenII.

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres pictures of my BBS wheels.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is how they sat...but it looks like if you tracked the car the tires could rub the rear wheel lips?!

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are my go straight track wheels. I kinda like the aggressiveness of them. But have considered getting them machined down a few MM's

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah,

Too wide, incorrect offset. Need the center hubs machined.

One of our members ran a set of wheels that were too wide at Auto Club Speedway a couple of years ago. Tires rubbed on the fenders, popped and he (and his car) ended up in the wall.

He was OK, car was not.

Dan

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,

Too wide, incorrect offset. Need the center hubs machined.

One of our members ran a set of wheels that were too wide at Auto Club Speedway a couple of years ago. Tires rubbed on the fenders, popped and he (and his car) ended up in the wall.

He was OK, car was not.

Dan

That's how I saw it too! Too bad as I have 4 sets and could save a fortune on tires. Anyone have suggestions on 18 wheels that are light and don't cost as much as a house?

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What other 18" choices clear everything on the rear of a gen 4?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked for a few mos. before deciding on the VR1's, but hey the SSR's and 6 spoke wheels are pretty light. I considered both of those but I knew I would have a hard time finding 18's all around, so I went with the used VR1's. Cash84 just bought the same wheels as mine and he's got a GenIII.

CCW classics might be an option.

You said the offset was more than an inch, could you have them milled down?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960