Competition Coupe body kit?

Cobra Comander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried the search with little results, someone had asked bout this in 2005. Now that we are in 2008, does anyone know of any manufacturers that produce a CC body kit?

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the closest we have. It's not exact line for line, but it was very much inspired by the comp coupe including using the 2" wider body and track dimension. We will be doing a coupe version in April (Street Serpent #7) that will have a lower Comp Coupe inspired roofline.

Current Project

Jeff

y5.jpg

y4.jpg

IMG_01371.JPG

Rick00010.jpg

ss_5.jpg

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, a few questions. I was under the impression that the Comp Coupe used the same windshield/windshield frame/windshield angle as the SRT-10? Is that correct? If so, what do you mean by a lower Comp Coupe roofline?

Before Tony left AF, he had told me that at one time they were working on/considering a Comp Coupe conversion kit for the convertible SRT-10s, but they kind of moved onto other projects.

I'd really like to see something like this brought to market. I never cared for the SRT-10 coupe's rear end---the convertible is only slightly better. The CC rear is the best look going.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, a few questions. I was under the impression that the Comp Coupe used the same windshield/windshield frame/windshield angle as the SRT-10? Is that correct? If so, what do you mean by a lower Comp Coupe roofline?

Before Tony left AF, he had told me that at one time they were working on/considering a Comp Coupe conversion kit for the convertible SRT-10s, but they kind of moved onto other projects.

I'd really like to see something like this brought to market. I never cared for the SRT-10 coupe's rear end---the convertible is only slightly better. The CC rear is the best look going.

Kenny,

Yes, the same windshield frame/angle, etc is the same for both cars. What I mean is, the the high, double bubble roof of the production car will get the heave ** and will be replaced with the lower com coupe roof (including scoop) as seen here:

1_2.jpg

This will also require a revised decklid to bring the rear glass down lower as well. This new coupe option will also be available to those who want to make a vert a Street Serpent coupe. It will not work to make a standard vert a standard coupe with lower roofling as there is no plan to make 2 types of decklids.

There is no doubt this is coming to market as I already have the deposit from the customer to begin work in April.

I always liked the look of the Comp Coupe rear as well, but not enough to drive it on the street. It's too long, and I think it would make the convertable versions overweight and dumpy looking. I thought the new coupe rear was spot on perfect being tight, short, and executed in a interesting manner that separates it from everything else.

I'm a bit of a selfish designer and that's the look I wanted on my car. Sorry about that, it's a flaw I have.

Jeff

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, please don't take my opinion to be a slight against you or your design. I actually think the SRT-10 coupe rear works much better on the Street Serpent than it did on the SRT-10 coupe. The extra width of your body balances out the coupe rear more like big boobs do for a chick with a nice round butt. Without the boobs...not so much.

Jeff have you done any full CF setups yet?

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, please don't take my opinion to be a slight against you or your design.

No offense taken what-so-ever. In general, constructive criticism has always helped my designs so it's welcome. I was simply expaining why I ultimately chose that design direction.

We have not done a CF car yet. It's twice the price for about 70 lb (guessing) weight savings. Although the yellow car pictured above has a CF front fascia. Stock front fascia weighs 16 lbs and the CF weighed 8 (before paint and ARMORCOAT).

Jeff

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, sorry to revive this post, but I had to tell you that ever since I first saw your work.. I can't sleep at night :)

How long does it take you to perform your magic these days? How far into the future are you booked?
It is a bit early for me, as I still have to pick the correct SRT-10, am just trying to see how I can schedule things in the future; am trying to buy the car, get all the work done and then ship it over here to Europe, as I spend more time there these days.

Yelloh: Amazing car. I read every page of the post concerning the buildup of you car and I'm in love with it. Best decision possible. Any chance you would sell it to me? :D

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guy, I have to tell you Jeff does a great job and pride in his work. You couldn't ask for anyone better than Jeff to work on your car. Just tell him the details you are looking for to make your car more unique than it already is. He will do his best to make your design reality. Here is the only problem I have found, I have not been able to take a picture that truely capture the beauty of the car like when you see the car up close. As for selling my car, the snow has melted and have steering at it for months now. I'm taking the car to every event I can make this summer. Sorry Thank you for the compliment

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have comp coupe body parts for sale if anyone is interested.
Facia's / Hood / Wing /

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yelloh, I completely understand you about wanting to keep it!

Imagine all of us falling out of our chairs from seeing the photos on here, what happens in real life when you drive around?!

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, sorry to revive this post, but I had to tell you that ever since I first saw your work.. I can't sleep at night :)

How long does it take you to perform your magic these days? How far into the future are you booked?
It is a bit early for me, as I still have to pick the correct SRT-10, am just trying to see how I can schedule things in the future; am trying to buy the car, get all the work done and then ship it over here to Europe, as I spend more time there these days.

Yelloh: Amazing car. I read every page of the post concerning the buildup of you car and I'm in love with it. Best decision possible. Any chance you would sell it to me? :D

It usually takes about 6 weeks. We just finished SS#6 which is the blue car seen here:

IMG_1525.JPG

and start #7 next week. We can't really get started on another until June.

Jeff