Confused as to whether there will be a 2007 Viper?

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A recent magazine discussed the 2007 Viper and I was under the impression that Dodge was skipping the 07 model year and closing CAAP to re-tool and starting on the 2008 fourth generation in January 2007?

Can anyone help clear up my confusion with accurate information if any exists? I was thinking about making a 06 Viper purchase thinking it was the last year for the third generation??

OP
OP
Les Quam

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been following all those threads which is why I was so surprised to read in either Car and Driver or Motor Trend about a 2007? I don't normally pay much attention to the rags but they even discussed options for 07? seemed more than a blurb?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a Dodge dealership today ands the salesman told me they could order me a 2007 model. When I asked if it would be considered a 07' model, he said yes. But from everything I've seen, I'd say he was incorrect and there will be no 07' model year

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just doesnt make sense. This is the 1st year of the 3rd gen Coupe, now a revised version is coming out in 08? If thats true, the 3rd gen Coupe as we know it will be rare :laugh: .

Bat™

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The '08 will be out EARLY '07. There will be no '07. The '08 will be considered a Gen3 car...despite the change in motor and hood and facia. The gen 4 will be the 2010 model....new everything.

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to a guy in the Dairy Queen line a couple weeks ago that works at C.A.A.P. the production of 08's will begin in January. The 06's are either done now or within a week.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to a guy in the Dairy Queen line a couple weeks ago that works at C.A.A.P. the production of 08's will begin in January. The 06's are either done now or within a week.

The guy in line in front of me at the local **** shop told me Feb. [******]?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------

The guy in line in front of me at the local **** shop told me Feb. [******]?

That was you ? :cool: