Considering buying a 2000 RT/10 Have questions

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
better brakes or not you're dreaming if you think that you can drive a Viper to it's full potential on public roads.
Most drivers can't even do it on a road course.
It's true that the main problem with the brakes is the front right (passenger side) wheel locking up under hard braking which obviously is related to a weight balance issue.
I believe that a lot of Gen 2 ( mine included) seat lower on the rear driver side and contribute to this problem. At least on mine once I corrected this issue the front right do nor lock up so easily.
Luc 00GTS

What do you know about running a '00 on the track? Your Viper is a garage queen, next you'll say you have a Trans Am car :D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's true that the main problem with the brakes is the front right (passenger side) wheel locking up under hard braking which obviously is related to a weight balance issue.

The driver and the battery sit on the left side, making the right side light. I think mine was about 100 lbs difference between LF and RF.

Think about this - most drivers will release pressure on the brake pedal when the first tire starts to smoke. We know the rears aren't doing much, and with the left side bias, the braking "limit" is determined by the RF tire. By one tire!

All Gen 1 and Gen 2s could benefit in performance, safety, and confidence by corner weighting the car (tricky with OEM shocks/springs, but something to get both fronts to bear the same load) and more rear brake (however you want to do it.)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have they drilled the licence plate through the front fascia?

The car would look better without it ;) Do you have to have one in your State?

Looks very clean, Great price too :2tu:

Mark
:uk:

OP
OP
V

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

The license plate bracket is mount from below. In Iowa you have to have a front plate. I think I'll flip the bracket upside down and lower the plate. Not much I can do about it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang