Considering selling the Viper for a Ford GT. Opinions

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Les....Do you really drive your ford gt? Unfortunately since i purchased my FordGT the only Viper i drive is my Comp Coupe.....

MichaelThurston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny when people argue 10ths of seconds and a couple miles per hour when everyone who has been to a track knows that the driver makes a much bigger difference, and even with the same driver the better tires are going to make the difference. The Viper is a much better sorted track car, but it wasn't in '97.

As for the original question, imagine if you could get a no stories car for 150k or a salvage car for 100k. What if you could put that extra 50k in some other investment? Or as the guy said, he can't get the no stories car and since their value goes up every day, this may be the chance. If the GT guys say it's good, jump on it. Certainly not going to lose money.

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have owned a Ford Gtx1, another heavily modified Ford Gt and have currently purchased my 3rd Ford GT that is being modified at Elite Autos . I have also been a long term member at the Ford GT forums. I personally would not mess with a salvage title , besides the resale value being extremely low, you could be inheriting a real headache no matter how much inspection is done.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank,
I do drive my FGT and really enjoy it there is not another car that feels and drives quite like it. I just spoke with a local tuner about some mods but I am not sure if I want to change it from factory original or not? I have also spoke to the Shelby mod shop here in town about some mods but they have not worked on a FGT yet.