Consumer Reports' Track and Test Facility 8/16/08

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Viper Club Members are welcome to attend the Consumer Reports Test and Track Facility located East Haddam, CT on August 16th. This rare accomodation to view what goes on at consumer reports is a special one of a kind educational event.

The staff at the facility will be taking time to give us a tour that day on how performance testing is done on their vehicles.

For more info on the facility: http://www.designnews.com/article/CA6450944.html

We need a list of members that are interested in going asap so Consumer Reports can accomodate us accordingly.
Please post you name below if you wish to attend:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go also, not sure if I"ll have a guest, to early to say. Could someone please update the NY/CT regional calender to add these new events in? I know there's another carting day but can't remember when. Thanks.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirm So Far:
Chazz
ViperT + 1
BlueQuadCab
*** BLK + 1
Steve Johnson
Andrew2K

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of the locals will be heading up to Harbor Park after the event which is about 10mins from CR. BTW, Route 9 is basically one long drag-strip (as far as I'm concerned) so the ride to/from CR should be a blast.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirm So Far:
Chazz

ViperT + 1
BlueQuadCab
*** BLK + 1
Steve Johnson
Andrew2K
BomBoViper93 + 1

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONSUMER REPORT'S HAVE CANCELED ON US AGAIN AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT IN SEPT. BUT CAN'T GIVE DATE NOW. WHAT ARE MY PERSONAL FEELINGS WITH THIS BEING THE SECOND TIME THEY CANCELED ON US...THE HELL WITH THEM...Adrian

BUT YOU THE MEMBERS MUST DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO TRY A THIRD TIME...NOT ME...

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CANCELED ON US...THE HELL WITH THEM...Adrian

BUT YOU THE MEMBERS MUST DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO TRY A THIRD TIME...NOT ME...

"Flying Viper"
Good, doesnt sound that good anyway.

"Bomboviper93"
F'em!:mad:

You guys NEED to take a chill pill ! :rolleyes: It is what it is! :dunno:

Steve let us know what date they want to re-schedule us! Thanks :cool:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chill pill taken I get heated when our members put time aside and then have something cancel. I know things happen but don't have to agree with them. Adrian

Last edited:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
consumer Report's Have Canceled On Us Again And Would Like To Make It In Sept. But Can't Give Date Now. What Are My Personal Feelings With This Being The Second Time They

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bear in mind that we are all subject to the whim of our event venues. I'm not suggesting that CR isn't acting inappropriately in canceling our factory tour dates (Twice)...but I can't imagine it serving them any purpose to do so. They've explained that they are doing renovation work, so I'll speculate and suggest that things are not being completed according to schedule.

We should also bear in mind that Steve, our CT director, spends a considerable amount of time working on things, so if he's still willing, perhaps we should all not take CR's rescheduling so much to heart?

Anyway, I like September cruises better than mid summer. :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate all of the time and effort you guys put into organizing these events for us. I can feel your frustration. I don't mind trying for a third time...ANY event we have in CT will be welcomed. Is CR simply being platitudinous about this or are they having scheduling/construction/maintenance issues? I have the impression that CR doesn't normally give tours of their testing grounds and perhaps we are the first car club to visit? If they allow us to go out on the track with our Vipers then I say let's try for a third time.

If anyone was planning on coming to CT on 8/16 and is looking for something else to do I'll buy a round of drinks at Harbor Park Restaurant - Middletown, CT instead.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who don't know Steve Johnson and I spoke a few days ago and we left the conversation with him re-scheduling the cr event and he's going to give me the new date so we can have this event. Waiting on Steve to get back with me...and that's the REAL story...Adrian

UNTILL THEN EVERYONE SUPPORT THE CT. EVENT JULY 27..1st. Annual CT Summer Brunch Cruise

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plat-i-tood-n-uhs]
adj. dull and tiresome but with pretensions of significance or originality

Please continue.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plat-i-tood-n-uhs]
adj. dull and tiresome but with pretensions of significance or originality

Please continue.

Sorry, I have to stop listening to "teach yourself big words" CD's during my commute.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait...isn't CR the one that gives the Viper poor ratings every year in their auto buyers guide? No wonder we're being treated like this.