Contemplated Roe Supercharger... (questions)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on installing my harland sharps next weekened. Putting my order into Roe in the morning. :2tu:

D

DAMN YANKEE

DaveQuad6,

I reused mine as they were perfect. Seriously, if when you take off your valve covers, if the gaskets are perfect....they are....perfect, and can be reused. That was two years ago.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DaveQuad6,

I reused mine as they were perfect. Seriously, if when you take off your valve covers, if the gaskets are perfect....they are....perfect, and can be reused. That was two years ago.

Yeah, I know. But with all of the heat I took over changing my t-stat using Tony's method and not changing the intake gaskets... Well, I couldn't pass that up.

And yes, I know that they are 2 different spec gaskets with 2 different service expectations etc. Intake vs. valve cover that is.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh wait...the valve cover gaskets are supposed to be used for the valve covers??? OOppps, I hacked mine up and used them as make-shift intake gaskets. Maybe I will raise my intake (but not fully remove it) and recover the valve gaskets. I'm sure with some superglue, I can piece them back together again and REUSE them for the valve covers.:D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran my car (with Roe S/C, T&D's, full 3 in. Corsa, no cats) on the dyno at PBJ with/without the Bellanger "pickle". No other change, just cut out the pickle (per Sean).......NO CHANGE......
Originally thought the pickle might be causing back pressure from the blower resulting in addditional crankcase pressure and blowing oil...Long story short, The "pickle" changes the sound only...according to the DYNO

finally some solid evidence and proving what lou told me.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We drink beer here stateside pal. :omg: If you could get cold beer out of a tap in your bathroom or kitchen, you'd switch too! :2tu:
Drinking anything out of tap here would rot your insides out. If you dont mind having every disease known to man I guess it would be a good buzz :omg: Hmmmm
I will stick to the liquor out here that perhaps kills the germs, or so I hope ;) Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tony, YOU got off easy, my conversation was about 45 minutes long...lol

LOL. That happened to me the first time I called him to get general info about the headers. We never discussed the pickle. The second call was all about the pickle. The third call was about flow rate differences between his cats and the stock cats. The fourth call was about sound levels. I'd say in all I probably spent 2-3 hours on the phone with him this year. The man has a passion for his work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog