Convertible Boot Cover - Pics

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after this:

100_0780.jpg

I finally caught a break with the weather and got the damn top down, followed the yellow brick road up to the Wizard (now turned juggler) to install. Here are the pics (which are the best I could do with a 2 year old beat to hell blackberry, edited as best as I could):

scover_5.jpg

scover_4.jpg

scover_3.jpg

scover_2.jpg

scover_1.jpg

Aside from one side fitting slightly higher than the other (hard to notice since you'd need to see both sides at once), the fit is surprisingly nice. I must admit that despite my serious concerns about it looking too "bling", I'm pretty pleased. Adds a nice "custom" look without being over the top (IMO). I think with some colors it's a sweet addition. With some other colors, it would get to be too much a focal point for my taste. Anyway, it's nice to be ******* again after winter's beating! :2tu:

As always, thanks to the Wiz and Steve Prescott

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... but it IS over the top, LITERALLY :rolaugh:

Ok ok it looks very good, kinda wish that it could be replicated in 1:18 in real carbon fibre.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one of them and hated it i could not get it to fit in the trunk so it was top down only

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got the same one, and love the look. I would use it more but it's too bad you can't stowe it.

Looks great!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stowage issue IS something to think about. It will fit in the passenger seat if necessary (without a passenger), but I'd simply make a decision before I leave the garage. Any chance of rain, either the top goes up, or I remove the hard cover for the soft cover.

Similar to having to decide on the hard top or bring along the to be assembled soft top with my old Gen 2.

The mild headrest bubble looks pretty cool though.

I'm engineer, but if there was a market for these, I'd make it in 2 pieces and have some underside latch to hold the left and right side tightly together when one th car. The leading edge is already secured unter the soft top. Did I mention I'm not an engineer??? ;)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow nice. How does it lock in place? Does it rub against the trunk? I am definitely interested in one. I was just waiting to see one in person. Hopefully we cross paths soon.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow nice. How does it lock in place? Does it rub against the trunk? I am definitely interested in one. I was just waiting to see one in person. Hopefully we cross paths soon.

I had some of the same questions. It's all simple. The leading edge is curved (like the vinyl OE cover) to "grasp" under the soft top and gets compressed when you lock it down (the soft top). The sides each have a simple hook clamp that reach under a top strut in the side well. The rear is compressed by the leading edge of the trunk lid (identical to the OE cover). Even better in that the hard cover rear edge length is not flat but has a downward curve that sets up perfectly against the leading edge of the trunk lid. There's a flange that gets compressed under the lid, out of sight.

Pretty well designed actually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala