Converting a US car to meet Canadian standards

Looki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey All

I have a car showing up in the next couple of weeks and I am wondering what hoops I will have to jump through to get BC plates on the Car?

I assume Daytime running lights? Anything else?

Also what is the most effective way to add driving lights to a ACR?

Thanks

Looki

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to get day time running lights put on my 01 rt/10 (under $300 for the module installed at the dealer) and then I had to take it to Canadian Tire :omg: to get the RIV inspection. But first you need to go online to Chrysler's web site and get a print out for your car stating that it has no outstanding recalls then fill out the RIV paperwork and fax it to them, then wait for them to send you your paperwork that states what your vehicle needs to meet Canadian standards. What I did was a few of days after I faxed the info to the RIV I called them to get the status of my case and they actually emailed the paper work to me so this sped the process up by about a week.
Hope this helps Stew

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '94 Gen 1 that came into the US from Canada, so I am familiar with the worrying part.

However, I did send my now-unused DRL module to another VCA member with a Gen 2 who was going into Canada. The wiring harness has a plug on the upper passenger frame rail, above the suspension arms, where the front cross brace attaches. Mine had the DRL module plugged in, his had a blank cover. He only had to plug the module in.

The driving lights (again, in a Gen 1) can be powered by a key-on 12V source so you can turn them on anytime independent of the headlights. And they won't turn off when the high beams go on. Technically this is illegal, since you are limited to four forward facing white bulbs.