Cool Viper encounter

tonyviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive owned my Viper for about 7 months but in the time ive owned mine I havent ran across another viper on the street. Well, last week while driving on I-57 toward Chicago, another black conv starting approaching me from behind. I thought it was really cool that 2 black converts were cruising on the expressway and we both waved to each other while others we watching us speeding through traffic. I know this is not that cool of a story but i thought it was really fun and wanted to share this. So if you were that other guy on that street: Nice car and nice driving!

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang:Very cool...random and rare to run into another...Now you didn't give him the 'Vette wave' did ya? Throw out the V...:headbang:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your ahead of me brother. I've had my car three years now and never met another Viper "in the wild". Only at club events.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had owned mine for maybe eight months without ever seeing another on the road,but three weeks ago or so,i did see one here in Central Va. It was a new one and i was actually driving my ford ranger at the time. Then a week or so later while going to get groceries in the same Ranger,three more passed me going the other way. This was rare as neither my wife nor i had ever even seen one before i bought mine.(on the street anyway)...All the Vipers looked brand new and i was wondering if it was maybe some kind of road test.Could have been some members here out on a cruise. Was unusual around here but i enjoyed seeing them.

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's always cool to spot another snake while you are out. It usually happens to me once or twice a driving season. I'm not counting the fact that I usually cruise with another board member a lot.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is amazing how rare it is to encounter another Viper while driving the Viper. It has only happened to me a few times, and I have always been foiled by traffic, or the other Viper is going the other way and you know the odds of catching up...:drive: On my last encounter, I was sitting at a red light, when across my view went a beautiful blue and white GTS. There was nobody around, so just as decided to shorten the light and pursue, my son yelled cop! cop! and saved my bacon. There was a motor sitting between two buildings with his eyes locked on me. Of course the light eventually changed, and as I tried to give chase, the cop gave me a 25mph ****** that guaranteed a failed mission.:rolleyes:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Central Va,and i owned mine for about eight or nine months before seeing one on the roads. Heck,most people around here may as well have been looking at a flying saucer as my Viper since they had never seen one and some never heard of a Viper! Over the past month i have spotted several newer Vipers roaming around.My brother and his wife are joining me and my wife to drive up through Skyline drive next week. Bro will be driving one of my Vipers. Should be fun!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i see a few but not nearly enough to talk about. its still a kool feeling when i do see one though.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i see a few but not nearly enough to talk about. its still a kool feeling when i do see one though.

As with ANY new car, I never saw one in the 'wild' until I bought my GTS. Now, I see them all the time, but usually when I'm in my truck. It's been 10 months now that I've owned mine and I've only run across 2 in the 'wild' while behind the wheel of the snake. Both times just made me grin and wave like a school girl.:D

the_postman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still catches my breath when I see another one in the wild and I always stare at it like I've never seen one before :) Only run into one in the three years of ownership while in my Viper. Red Gen III vert crossed my path at an intersection honking and waving all the way :headbang:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...All the Vipers looked brand new and i was wondering if it was maybe some kind of road test.

All the Vipers I see DO look brand new. Some people are passionate to the extreme about having a spotless clean Viper to drive around in.

My opinions, about my own car, are a bit more relaxed and it could have some dust on it that I choose to ignore. During the local Viper club get-togethers I have heard comments about the quality of my attention to detail.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned my since Feb. and I haven't seen one on the road since I've been driving mine. The day I went to get a license plate for my Viper (while I was in my truck) I met a brand new 2010 ACR. I only saw it that one time, and then I heard he let his friend drive it and he totaled it coming out of the driveway or something...

I saw an 06, at the local car show and come to find out he bought it brand new and it's been in town for 4 years now, I've only seen it that one time. There is also a guy in town storing a Viper truck in his garage. As far as I know, I'm the only Gen 2 rolling around for at least 100 miles. I think...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960