Cooling system question.

Warren 00 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a fairly new Viper owner (6 months) and don't have a clear understanding of how the two coolant bottles inter-work. I have read my owners manual, and it states "DO NOT remove the pressure cap when checking or adding coolant". Does this mean coolant must be added to the facia overflow bottle? If so how do you gain access to it to add the coolant?

Thanks

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coolant at a 50/50 mix should be added to the facia bottle. To do this you have to disconnect the over-flow tube (next to pressure cap) insert a funnel to the hose and add your mixture. Monitor the facia bottle while you do this to make sure you do not add too much. The level of coolant should be at about middle of the slot you view the facia bottle through. There are two markers (hi/low) on the wheel well plate where the slot is.

Note: Coolant level in the pressure bottle should be above the bottle seem.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome. This board is a great place to get the answers to questions concerning everything about Viper. Enjoy and welcome aboard.

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A trick I learned (or read here once upon a time) is to shine a flashlight on the overflow bottle in the facia ( remove the 4" rubber plug in the fender well first of course) You will be able to easily see the coolant level in the bottle through the view slot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog