Corsa Exhaust RT/10

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a lift and the tools. Can a weekend garage guy like me install a Corsa exhaust system on a 2000 RT/10? Is there welding involved? Any help appreciated. Thanks

OP
OP
V

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Tony - Great information, clear, to the point and even with photos. Think I'll tackle the project. Should be fun. Thanks!!!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a lift and the tools. Can a weekend garage guy like me install a Corsa exhaust system on a 2000 RT/10? Is there welding involved? Any help appreciated. Thanks

I've had my Corsa catback exhaust on and off several times. I have a low profile jack, 4 jack stands and a garage floor. No welding involved.

Also, I did not remove the side sills - unlike from what is shown in the how-to.

OP
OP
V

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RoadiJeff, Interesting about not removing the sills. I'll keep that in mind. You happy with the Corsa sound? I have them on my 06 SRT and love them. Wondering if the RT/10 would be the same with rear exhaust outlet verses the side pipes on the 06. Also the two different engines. We'll see. Thanks

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my Corsa catback exhaust on and off several times. ,,,, I did not remove the side sills - unlike from what is shown in the how-to.

How did you get to the clamp that holds the OEM resonator to the cat without removing the side sill ?
How did you pull the resonator out ? :dunno:

OP
OP
V

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZTVR - Good question. Guess we'll wait to hear. Is pulling the resonator out an opition? Does that increase the loudness?
PS, Just returned from Phoenix. Hands down, one of the greatest Viper weather climates around!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RoadiJeff, Interesting about not removing the sills. I'll keep that in mind. You happy with the Corsa sound? I have them on my 06 SRT and love them. Wondering if the RT/10 would be the same with rear exhaust outlet verses the side pipes on the 06. Also the two different engines. We'll see. Thanks

Actually, the previous owner put the Corsa on before I bought it. He said the stock exhaust sounded like a UPS truck and he was more interested in a better sound than any performance gains. He gave me the original exhaust if I ever sell the car and the next owner wants a completely factory stock Viper.

A few people asked about being able to remove the exhaust without taking off the side sills. As I said, the Corsa was already on the car when I purchased it. I had it off a few times since then to do other work because it was in the way. Any clamps and brackets that I had to loosen were easy to get to from underneath. The stock resonator was already off.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few people asked about being able to remove the exhaust without taking off the side sills. As I said, the Corsa was already on the car when I purchased it. I had it off a few times since then to do other work because it was in the way. Any clamps and brackets that I had to loosen were easy to get to from underneath. The stock resonator was already off.

I guess the confusion comes from the fact that the Corsa system includes resonators that replace the OEM resonators just behind the cats inside the sills, and then it also includes the mufflers at the rear. The clamps just outside the sill are between the resonator and muffler on my Corsa system. So, I'm guessing that either you thought that the part outside the sills was all there is to the Corsa system; or, the previous owner had decided to use a straight pipe instead of the OEM or Corsa resonator in the sill, so, on your car, what is accessible is all there really is from Corsa.

I just wanted to make sure that the OP wasn't inadvertently mislead into thinking he didn't have to remove the sills in order to install the full system. (It was a bit of a hassle to reinstall them on my car.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang