Corsa vs Belanger cat back

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing up what may be a tired topic, but for those who have had Corsa and Belanger on a Gen 4 what are you thoughts regarding quality, sound?

I am a Corsa fan having them on several Vipers and my CTS-V but want to try something new especially if louder. Thanks

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing up what may be a tired topic, but for those who have had Corsa and Belanger on a Gen 4 what are you thoughts regarding quality, sound?

I am a Corsa fan having them on several Vipers and my CTS-V but want to try something new especially if louder. Thanks

While I have no personal experience in this matter...everything I have read here on the boards says go with the Belangers.

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the belanger has a magnaflow catback while the corsa is a catback . the belanger is a set of headers .

F

FrgMstr

Going and listening to the systems on several cars, the Belanger system has a better overall deeper tone/sound in my opinion, but folks were complaining about drone when cruising. That put me off the Bellanger/Magnaflow catbacks; did not want to drone on road trips. I put the Corsa on my Gen 3. No drone at all, still a great sound, effin loud when you want them to be. At WOT the Corsa sounds like a BEAST. Everybody that has heard the Corsa, is like, "Holy ****." I am very happy with the Corsa perf overall.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As ACR Snake mentioned, Belanger uses a Magnaflow catback, so in my mind there is no question the Corsa is the way to go!

We hook up alot of Belangers to the Corsa system when we install the their headers. This is the best catback system in the US in my estimation.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am glad you asked this as I have had BOTH the Corsa cat back on my old Gen 4 and just had installed the Belanger cat back on my new Gen 4 and there is a world of difference. I really like the Belanger MUCH better than the Corsa. The Corsa IMO is not much louder than than stock where the Belanger is much louder and I have not noticed the so called drone in cruise either. I got the Loudmouth style Belanger for max sound but they offer one that is not so loud too. Both are well made but the Belanger is much cheaper too in price. Call Jon at the PartsRack where I just got mine for the best price on either one. Lou Belanger does a great job too with fit and finish. Belanger all the way for me !!!

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad you asked this as I have had BOTH the Corsa cat back on my old Gen 4 and just had installed the Belanger cat back on my new Gen 4 and there is a world of difference. I really like the Belanger MUCH better than the Corsa. The Corsa IMO is not much louder than than stock where the Belanger is much louder and I have not noticed the so called drone in cruise either. I got the Loudmouth style Belanger for max sound but they offer one that is not so loud too. Both are well made but the Belanger is much cheaper too in price. Call Jon at the PartsRack where I just got mine for the best price on either one. Lou Belanger does a great job too with fit and finish. Belanger all the way for me !!!

Thanks. Yeah, I have bought MANY Corsas and generally good experience--the CTS-V was a bit of a struggle. So I am ready for something different.

F

FrgMstr

The Corsa IMO is not much louder than than stock where the Belanger is much louder and I have not noticed the so called drone in cruise either.

Comparing the Corsa exhaust to open stock headers on my car, the Gen 3 sounds about the same with Corsa or open headers. The sound is pretty incredible. Still Gen 3, dunno about Gen 4. Gen 3 exhaust is stupid to start with. Someone should have their ass kicked over that design over weight alone not to mention cockpit heat.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As ACR Snake mentioned, Belanger uses a Magnaflow catback, ..........

the belanger has a magnaflow catback while the corsa is a catback . the belanger is a set of headers .

These posts are NOT correct. Belanger builds each Belanger cat-back with a CHOICE of mufflers, one of which muffler can be Magnaflow. Magnaflow also makes a 2.5" only cat-back which Belanger does NOT sell or offer.

Here is a very recent comparo from a Gen 4 owner who has had both:

http://forums.viperclub.org/vendor-review-partsrack/645046-thanks-jon-b-lou-b-exhaust-excellent.html

Last edited:

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As ACR Snake mentioned, Belanger uses a Magnaflow catback, so in my mind there is no question the Corsa is the way to go!

We hook up alot of Belangers to the Corsa system when we install the their headers. This is the best catback system in the US in my estimation.

Got my Corsa catback from Woodhouse. Very pleased with the quality and the sound is great!

boy wonder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,
Which set up did he go with that he liked? I also am looking for a louder exhaust. Did he go with the cat back or all they way?.
Rganks,

Robin
:)
Re: Corsa vs Belanger cat back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton Woodhouse
As ACR Snake mentioned, Belanger uses a Magnaflow catback, ..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACRsnake

These posts are NOT correct. Belanger builds each Belanger cat-back with a CHOICE of mufflers, one of which muffler can be Magnaflow. Magnaflow also makes a 2.5" only cat-back which Belanger does NOT sell or offer.

Here is a very recent comparo from a Gen 4 owner who has had both:

http://forums.viperclub.org/vendor-r...excellent.html

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JonB,
Which set up did he go with that he liked? I also am looking for a louder exhaust. Did he go with the cat back or all they way?.
Rganks,

Robin

He went with Belanger's LOUDER option cat-back mounted to OE cats. Not the Magnaflow mufflers. He also posted in #6 above: Viper GTSR 91

Boy Wonder: COME TO SEBRING THIS WEEKEND! Viper Cup Racing... Free Admits.

Adrenaline Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through this similar internal debate over the winter.

I ended up purchasing the entire Belanger kit (headers, hi flo cats, catback exhaust) and the K+N air intake. They are scheduled to be installed Monday!!!!! I'm feeling like a kid on xmas eve just waiting for the morning to come.

I'll post before and after vid once it's complete.