Corsa vs Roe racing side exhaust ?s

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to install a new exhaust on my 03. It makes sense to me to save lbs and get rid of some heat and eliminate the crossover exhaust and go with an aftermarket system. I know of the Corsa and the Roe racing side exhaust systems. Are there any others I should consider.
Can anyone give their input on these systems, pro/con for each. Loudness, sound quality, install problems, and build quality. I'm planning to install myself. Thank you all in advance for your input.
Happy Holidays, Eagles

OP
OP
E

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to both who responded. I decided to try the Roe Racing side exhaust [no crossover]do to the 32lb weight savings over the stock exhaust. No warranty makes it a little dicey but they claim there is no resonance and not too loud.
I'll report back after install and road testing if anyone is interested.
eagles

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VR with the headlamps blacked out in your avatar pic, the car looks like a firebird in the small photo.

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did a complete Belanger install, headers and all, w/o crossovers. Minimal resonance and the tone is amazing. Really adds to the car, makes it sound like it should and the chrome tips really add to the appearance.

Tommy

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No [******], man. That's my car.

And Tom installed installed my MGW short shifter, besides pulling the engine and re-installing in @ 1 month.
What a difference in comfort and way faster shifts.
Only 450 more miles of breakin and a special thanks to Todd at ARROW.
This car rumbles and sounds intimidating, just the way everyones upgraded viper does.

Now there is the "distalization" of those awesome chrome tips after 10 mins of no more than 3Krpm in 3rd @ 45 mph.
Gingerman may get them to dent, I mean flex, some fascia.
But who cares, they go back into place within minutes of parking and you can't see it while you're driving.
Also, seems to make the car look longer.

I'm just slap happy because this was handled very well by all involved. Now I just need a chrome roll bar, drags, and racing tires. And Oil flow upgrades, coolers, pumps, ducts, harness, big$......

Now, can we all just agree that all vipers are awesome as are most owners and enthusiasts. And the races shall go on.

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the Roe system....

Unless they changed it, as we suggested, plan on building a bigger tip! The one that they use is a 3" that sits to far back in the sill.....can't even see it! A 4 1/2 inch opening shouldn't have a 3" pipe coming to it....my opinion!!
The Borla X1-R muffler when you first fire it is.....LOUD, after two or three drive cycles, it seemed to quiet down some......SOME!

This was also through B&B headers & Random Technology Hi-Flo Steel cats.........

Peace!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We install a ton of Corsas, but I have to admit, the used 04 we have that has the Belanger system ( full system with headers ) is a beast. Rumble city, and it has only the small drawback of being a tight fit - course it runs like the preverbial scalded ape. All of the exhausts expand and contract, and on the side it makes fitment more important. The Corsas seem to fit the best, but all need careful alignment.

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready for 500 mile oil change. Used to the shifter now. Much quicker SOTP and loud 60% wot. This car doesn't rumble, it grumbles. Next VOI we can have an exhaust note competition and declare an official winner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang