Cost of an SRT. What are some of these Dodge dealerships thinking?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I went to my local Dodge dealership. They have a '04 silver SRT and want 2000 dollars over sticker. I drove up in my '03 SRT and the salesperson knew nothing about Vipers(I think it is the fourth Viper they have had in four years). He did not realize it was the same car other than red calipers and color. There should be some rule that Vipers are sold though a dealership that has the knowledge and experience to sell and service these cars (mine goes to Bill Luke in Phoenix) correctly.

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar experience when I went to the local Dodge deal near my house.(Naperville Dodge) The salesman did not even know what colors the Vipers came in? :crazy: I promply left and went to Elmhurst Dodge. It was a night & day differece.

Scott :usa:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that they assume you are a dumba$$ when you walk in. they dealer I bought my car from(at dealer invoice) sold a '04 in Jan to someone for 8k over sticker! When most people here know where or how to get the cars at a substantial discount.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a red '04 that I can't give away at invoice and they are asking $2000 over sticker. The market must be better in Arizona than it is here in Missouri. If you know anyone interested send them my way. I have to move this car, we have a black Mamba on the way and we don't have the space for two.
Later,
Joe

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The salemen assume you are a retard. When I walked in to the dealership, I was told that they needed $10,000 over MSRP sticker, because Dodge had announced that they were ceasing production of Vipers, and so they were now very very rare. After calling their ********, I ended up paying several thousand under INVOICE.

Kai

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a red SRT at a Dodge dealer(Fullerton Chrysler) in Bridgewater N.J. that they have a sticker saying take $6.000 off sticker price of $83,000.
This car has been sitting at this dealership for at least 8 months. They used to have a silver SRT that sat for a very long time too before they sold it.
I can't beleive this car hasn't sold yet.....I bet you could get it out the door for $75,000 or less.

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A dealer in Blacksburg, VA wants ~$97K to get out the door for an 04 Black Mamba with 5 miles on it (no way for me to spend that much dough).

A dealer in Atlanta was listing an 03 red SRT with about 3K miles on it for $68K. I offered $64K, and he came back with $65,850... stating another dealer offered him $65K even. Before I could make arrangements to go see that car, he had a deposit on the car, and I will hear something on Monday. I'm pretty sure it is sold - I would buy it. This seemed to be a dealer that was not trying to ask a ridiculous price and wants to move a car.

Another dealer offered me an 03 SRT with roughly the same miles for $69K. He's getting better... but I'l still looking for that $65,*** mark. I cannot fathom a dealer selling an 04 SRT Mamba for $97K out the door, but I guess they think they can.

Mark M. Rankin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought mine from Bankston Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge of Frisco and did not pay sticker. They have 2 more available if anyone is looking and have several more at their sister stores. A call to the fleet manager, Jim should yield favorable results.

Bankston Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge of Frisco
6600 Highway 121 @ North Tollway
Frisco, TX 75034
877-814-1171

Best of luck,

Mark

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In riverside California they have the cars stickered at 101,000.00 Yes that's not a typo. This is for a standard, non-mamba addition Viper. When I went in and told them they were idiots, they said they would drop 10,000.00 off for me. Oh just 91k for the car. I'll take a dozen :)

Chris

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA, and this board, have given us the ability to purchase our cars, at little or no markup. Even when the cars were newly released, and unavailable to the general public, we were scooping them up for just a little over invoice. Thank you Dodge for providing your loyal VCA members with this opportunity. Otherwise we would be at the mercy of the dealer network, and been forced to purchase other cars.
The general public does not share this advantage, and fall prey to the rogue dealers.

Agibbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I went to my local Dodge dealership.
Would you mind if I asked which dealership. Chapman? I noticed Chapman lists the SRT10 for $84,797, which I assume include the $3000 guzzler tax.

Edmunds.com states invoice for the SRT10 is $73,875. Do you guys believe it is possible to get an SRT10 at invoice w/o the guzzler tax (ie: $74K and not $77K). If so, which dealers? Thank you.

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to my local dodge dealership in Lake Havasu. Chapman Dodge is a dealership in Phoenix that I personally would not do business with since they have a similar attitude.

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a red '04 that I can't give away at invoice and they are asking $2000 over sticker. The market must be better in Arizona than it is here in Missouri. If you know anyone interested send them my way. I have to move this car, we have a black Mamba on the way and we don't have the space for two.
Later,
Joe

I am in the same boat, I had a black '04 at invoice on the vca board for 90 days and it did not sell! I can't imagine asking 2000 over sticker. We have three srt-10 trucks, one of each color, and we will sell them all at below sticker. I don't understand how these guys get those prices. I am relisting the Viper today

MsSnakeSRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My husband and I saw a red SRT10 in Connecticut, we made an offer, w/ trade in of a Jaguar XKR...we were turned down..no agreed price..same thing way too high for 2004!
we found a car in the Hamptons, LI , and called...
same year/color/type- same car (sounded)
they took our Jag, gave us a great price..!!!!!
only to find out it was(exact same car) just shipped from the same dealer in CT to Long Island?
go figure?
We drove 2 cars , over the Port Jefferson Ferry, to LI, traded the jag and stole the Viper at a great price...
the new owner of our 2003 Jag XKR called and is thrilled w/ his almost new jag and we LOVE!!! our new 2004 viper SRT10!!!!

Crazy!!!!

ask CTViper more...

, Barb