Coupe Pricing...

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a big bump in performance I think there will be a lot of coupes sitting on the lot.

Steep discounts are a sure bet for this model.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course there are always the followers to the PT Barnum rule, so they will probably sell some. The people who buy early will be just like the people who paid $30k for a PT cruiser when it first came out.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any info on employee pricing on the Coupe?

I don't think there is an employee price on SRT models for the employee pricing that's available to everyone, but I know DC now has employee pricing for actual employees on the Viper convertibles... just curious if this will be on the Coupes as well.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding "gas guzzler" tax, I would really believe it includes it because that's a fee that DC has to directly pay to the feds, it's not really a user excise fee (I know this because I checked) it's a fee paid directly by the manufacturer and DC just chooses to "line item" it on the window sticker though DC could just as easily just "bury it" in the base price.

The reason I checked on this fee was because it IS listed on the window sticker and in Texas we pay a sales tax on cars to get our license plates and if that gas guzzler tax were truly a user exise fee then you would not have to pay sales tax on (that is, not paying sales tax on top of another tax)...but, I was informed that the manufacturers pay this fee for each vechicle directly before it is even offered for sale and DC is merely recovering this fee by charging you, the user. You (the car purchaser) are not actually paying the gas guzzler tax to the feds...DC was already charged.

You might find this IRS publication useful:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f6197.pdf

-J

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There DARN sure better be a performance advantage / power adder for that kind of money....... hmmm.....

Should make Viper Days at Putnam Park all the more interesting.........

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Without a big bump in performance I think there will be a lot of coupes sitting on the lot.

Steep discounts are a sure bet for this model.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course there are always the followers to the PT Barnum rule, so they will probably sell some. The people who buy early will be just like the people who paid $30k for a PT cruiser when it first came out.

I agree--no reson for the price boost. :headbang:

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Should make Viper Days at Putnam Park all the more interesting.........

Janni, who will be driving the coupe at Putnam?
Will it be on a rentable basis or perhaps T. Archer will be hustling it around the course?!

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are they going to charge more for the coupe than the convertible? Other manufacturers (Porches, Ferraris,Vettes,etc) charge LESS for a coupe! I don't get it. Another DC ripoff?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you expect it to be cheaper than a car that has been out for three years ? I figured it would be higher than it is.
Whats a 2005 SRT vert ? $85k and change, and this is a 2006 model.

FYI, BLEBYU owns the Dodge dealership in Ringgold. I believe .... no matter what some press release says that this is the real deal :2tu:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the first edition package will have:
18x10 & 19x13 polished aluminum wheels
Color keyed park brake handle
Color keyed shift knob
Dash plaque
Leather trimmed seats
Leather wrapped steering wheel
it will be available blue with or without stripes. they will only make 400 of them.

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What the hell is a "first edition group" and why is it $5k?

The first edition group refers to the first batch of coupes which will be blue with white stripes and some blue interior accents. MSRP on stripes for the GTS was $3000, so looks like they're charging $1995 for the interior. 92 grand still sounds a little steep considering no bump in HP.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny.
Daimler Chrysler PRESS RELEASE
Price = $81,600
Wheelbase = NOT available!
0-60 under 4 sec.
1/4 mile = NOT available !
Configuration 8.3-liter V-10 Displacement 505 cu in.
Valvetrain Not Available !
Bore Not Available !
Power 500 bhp @ 5,600 rpm
Stroke Not Available !
Torque 525 lb-ft @ 4,200 rpm
Compression Ratio Not Available !
Redline 6,000 rpm
Final Drive Ratio Not Available !
Transmission 6-speed manual
Gear Ratios Not Available !

Glad someone in the DC press corp took the time to look up the stats. Duh, we dunno. It's an SRT-10 convertible with a bolt on roof section. How would that change the compression?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Did you expect it to be cheaper than a car that has been out for three years ? I figured it would be higher than it is.
Whats a 2005 SRT vert ? $85k and change, and this is a 2006 model."

Market will set the price for the coupe. With new 05's selling at or below invoice (around $74k), and that's for a convertible, why would any one pay $10-15K more for 06 coupe.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Market will set the price for the coupe. With new 05's selling at or below invoice (around $74k), and that's for a convertible, why would any one pay $10-15K more for 06 coupe.

Your living in 2003. A SRT10 invoice is $78,200 and a Copperhead is $81,100.
Even if the dealer gave you all the holdback they would still lose $1600 and $2600 respectively at your $74k. Not saying there aren't rare $74k cases but certainly few and far between. Also expect the invoice pricing on the convertible to go up at least $1500 from 2005 to 2006.

Let's see, 2005 sticker on a Copperhead is $88,740 (invoice $81,087) and the sticker on a 2006 SRT coupe is $91,990. My guess is that a 2006 Mamba convertible (if they make any) will sticker at around $90,740 .... that doesn't make $91,990 seem out of line at all. If you don't already have one on order it probably isn't a concern, you can get one when the initial hit is over :2tu:

So to answer your question.....let's look at it in the real world:

2005 Copperhead invoice $81,087
2006 coupe invoice $84,144

Looks like $3,000 difference to me, not "$10-15K more for 06 coupe"

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the first edition package will have:
18x10 & 19x13 polished aluminum wheels
Color keyed park brake handle
Color keyed shift knob
Dash plaque
Leather trimmed seats
Leather wrapped steering wheel
it will be available blue with or without stripes. they will only make 400 of them.

How much HP will all this stuff add?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like $3,000 difference to me, not "$10-15K more for 06 coupe"

That would be the cost of the stripes. Sounds fair to me.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"Your living in 2003."

Reality

So what's your point ?? You can buy a 2005 and 2004 at invoice ? We already knew that. By the way....read your link and see that invoice is not $74,000. In fact, you paid $4,900 OVER your imaginary invoice price :eek: Atleast pick a number and stick with it ;)

Here is your quote from that thread:

<font color="blue"> "Invoice for 04 and 05 is around 76 to 78k . Sticker is around 83k to 91k.

Bought my SRT new, (Mamba) for $78900. plus tax. Sticker was 91k, sale price 85k, reality price was $500.00 over invoice. I showed the dealer prices from around the nation selling for $77k to 79k for a new 04 and $79k for a new 05." </font>

Reality check for you ..... sticker on your 2004 car was 91k (your number)and your griping about the 2006 coupe being $91,990 :rolleyes: for a car that's 2 years newer, brand new model and highly desirable.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing to do with people like you is to let them read what I said again, may be you'll get it the second time around :
" Market will set the price for the coupe. With new 05's selling at or below invoice (around $74k), and that's for a convertible, why would any one pay $10-15K more for 06 coupe."

Now where did I say invoice is 74...I said selling at or below invoice...And you make my point about the 91k sticker price (87300 + WHAT DEALER SAID WAS MARKETING ADJUSTMENT)...I didn't pay it...Thanks for proving my point though :p

<font color="red">P.S I get the feeling you paid too much for your 04 ? </font>

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing to do with people like you is to let them read what I said again, my be you'll get it the second time around : Market will set the price for the coupe. With new 05's selling at or below invoice (around $74k), and that's for a convertible, why would any one pay $10-15K more for 06 coupe.
Now where did I say invoice is 74...I said selling at or below invoice...And you make my point about the 91k sticker price...I didn't pay it...Thanks for proving my point though :p
P.s I get the feeling you paid too much for your 04 ?

Yes, I was using your statements against you.....that's what happens when you post B.S.
Truth be known....if your invoice was 91k you have the super duper rare one of a kind Mambo. See a real live 2004 black Mamba invoice below. A $4,000 undercoating upcharge doesn't count ;)
As for your feeling about what I paid, anytime you want to wager who paid less let me know. I have slept with my dealer :D have you ? Do you have keys to the dealership like I do ? Does he invite you over to go swimming at his house ? Do you go to the races with him ? Does he trust you with his life ? Didn't think so :eek:

28372004_Mamba_sticker.jpg

Dang, I just can't seem to find $91,000 on there ? Somebody help me out here, at my age the eyesight is going away :headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang