Coupes KZ'd 2 weeks ago, where are they???

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coupes KZ\'d 2 weeks ago, where are they???

I know JonB got his new ride at CAAP, :eek: (awesome) mine is still awaiting shippment, but, some of you guys new coupes went KZ status almost two weeks ago, whats up? any one got one besides JonB ???

I hate waiting......will be playing Christmas music before long...

Rick

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Coupes KZ\'d 2 weeks ago, where are they???

My understanding is that the stripes are causing the delays for most of us. My car, Vin 0381, was completed except for stripes almost a month ago. Now it's buried by a sea of blue coupes which were built later, but will get the stripes sooner simply because of a tight storage situation. I know this does not explain why the KZ'd cars have not surfaced, but I'll bet very few have reached this code.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

According to Jon B, they won't/can't ship to a given area or location until they have a full truck (6 cars) destined for that location. And, now that they aren't making Prowlers any more the number of cars destined for some areas is reduced thus taking more time to fill a truck. I don't think the striping is the issue. It ***** waiting but that is life.

Also regarding the satin silver dash that many of us were expecting, there was appaerntly a production issue with that so it was scrapped. I rechecked the list of features for the First Edition package and noticed that,in fact,it is not listed as one of them. That also ***** since I thought it really spiced up the looks of the interior.

Bob K

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When you live in a relatively small city (Colorado Springs) I'd imagine that it will take even longer to ship them down this way. I hope that they count other vehicles headed west in the shipment!

OP
OP
B

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BobK, I found out about the dash piece when I saw the interior of JonB's coupe...that does ****, and I also hope the after market will make one..

Also did you note when JonB stated the car cover had black stripes, not white stripes on it....whats up with that?? thought that was blue with white stripes also....

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I didn't notice the description of the car cover. There was probably a production issue with the white stripes as well. :rolleyes:

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Also regarding the satin silver dash that many of us were expecting, there was appaerntly a production issue with that so it was scrapped. I rechecked the list of features for the First Edition package and noticed that,in fact,it is not listed as one of them. That also ***** since I thought it really spiced up the looks of the interior.

Bob K

You are right. I hope there is not a raised edge on my stripes. That would also ****. :(

Keith

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now, this I dont get. How can they have a "production problem" when the vendors of this site can have them painted without any problems? Just send yours to one of the site vendors and have it done.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

According to Jon B, they won't/can't ship to a given area or location until they have a full truck (6 cars) destined for that location. And, now that they aren't making Prowlers any more the number of cars destined for some areas is reduced thus taking more time to fill a truck. I don't think the striping is the issue. It ***** waiting but that is life.

Bob K

Striping is the reason the cars are not at KZ status. Trucks don't get filled if you don't have cars at KZ status.....so I think striping is, in fact, the issue.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I talked to my connection at the plant on Thursday, My car is vin#100300 and was built within the first ten cars on the line (#9). It was also KZed weeks ago. He told me that my car had not been striped yet but was at Prefex and all remaining cars will be at Prefex by the end of the week. I said how can my car be Kz without the stripes and he had no answere for me.I should have stayed on them like John B.

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine is in KZ it was invoiced on the 29`th. It has stripes and they are raised with a ridge. Hope it makes it this week. #12-200

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speaking of raised stripes, I think that was normal on the GTS's previously. I very distinctly remember my '00 GTS (black with factory silver stripes) had raised edges that were noticeable, while some other folks with aftermarket stripes were smooth and blended well. We (local club members) checked it out on other cars and all had the same thing. Pretty soon that was how we would tell if a Viper had factory stripes or not: Raised edges, yes; smooth edges, nope!

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Speaking of raised stripes, I think that was normal on the GTS's previously. I very distinctly remember my '00 GTS (black with factory silver stripes) had raised edges that were noticeable, while some other folks with aftermarket stripes were smooth and blended well. We (local club members) checked it out on other cars and all had the same thing. Pretty soon that was how we would tell if a Viper had factory stripes or not: Raised edges, yes; smooth edges, nope!

Stripes from the factory should be smooth. Raised edges look like taped stripes. :( jmho

ACMiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are there any aftermarket companies in the Detroit area that will do stripes on an existing SRT/10?

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Stripes from factory should be smooth"

Hmmmm. That is news to me. I have an 00 GTS and a brand new 05 Comm Ed, SRT and both have raised stripes. You can run your hand across them and edges are very, very distinct.

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score

"Stripes from factory should be smooth"

Hmmmm. That is news to me. I have an 00 GTS and a brand new 05 Comm Ed, SRT and both have raised stripes. You can run your hand across them and edges are very, very distinct.

Were they taped or painted on? jk

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Slight raised edge on the Commemorative SRT-10s, and the one at the MidWest Zone Rendezvous ( Red/Silver ) had a slight edge also, so I would imagine they will continue in this vein. Compared to the earlier stripes, I will say the quality coming from Prefix is a step above.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The factory stripes are painted, and the quality on my 00 and 05 has been excellent. The 00 are narrower than the 05.