?? Crower 1.7 Rockers - Any Experience

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crower has always had a good name in drag racing. Their web site indicates about 30 hp and a cost of under $700. Has anyone used these rockers. One more item, are the gen 1 and gen 2 rockers the same.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what information I have gathered over the years, the rockers of choice are T&D's 1.7 for a number of reasons.

I believe Ligenfelter uses a 1.8 ratio, but I am not sure what brand he is using.

For the Viper, I hear Crower can make some great, custom cams and other engine goodies, but for rockers, I suggest T&Ds.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else but I know of few vipers with these rockers and they have had no problems. I put a set my supercharged gts and have made many passes with them with no trouble, oh yeah and on the dyno they picked up 50 rearwheel horsepower on my supercharged engine. In the winter I pulled the valve covers because after reading a few of these posts I wanted to see if there was anything to it but everything looked good. I think most of the people who have an opinion on them have never used them. When I first bought my viper I was driving through my neighborhood at about 30 mph when I heard all this clatter coming out of the valve cover, when I got to the house I took it off and underneath were one broken rocker bolt and 2 bent pushrods. That was a brand new car with 200 miles on it, I had the same thing happen one time at the track with my current viper
thats why I went to crower the stock ones have let me down twice.
I do agree the shaft mounts are the best but at 3 times the price plus, but if money is no object t&d is what I would go with. Although, crower is a big company with a big reputation and I don't think they would continue to produce a product if it were defective.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have put over 28,000 miles on mine, more from previous owner. Autocross 12-15 times a summer, run at the higher half (third?) of the rev range. A few track events per year, daily driving to boot. I guess I would argue I can't make the valves float (can't run at high enough an engine speed) so there's a built in safety, no?

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've put over 30K miles on my car with these rockers and have never had a problem. They are not recommended over 6300 rpm per Crower. I have used these both on and off spray. I have hit the rev limiter a couple of times and had no problems. The major thing I would worry about would be road racing and getting 2nd instead of 4th and really exceeding the rpm recommendation. I have also removed my valve covers several times and have never seen any signs of damage or misalignment. I also know several other people using these with no problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96