this makes sense and its no surprise

they will want the rights to all the mopar tats next....lol

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the passion is back at Chrysler and they are listening to all the gearheads out in MoPar land!

A company that actually listens to its customers. What a concept. :2tu:

Lets hope for a convertible model and give that ugly Camaro a run for its money!

Maybe an AAR, Gran Coupe, or an older Formula S package, or my favorite... a Mod Top.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cuda should not be a dodge product though....its rounded and comes from a car company that no longer exists

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still looking to have them bring back the K-car.

Dodge Cuda, does not sound right.

Bruce

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they did right by the challenger but failed miserably with the HEMI Charger.

we all know of a few 4 door hemi cars but its just not right. chargers have TWO doors !

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody really calls the Viper a Dodge Viper or the Ram a Dodge Ram or the Cuda anything more than just plain old Cuda. Dodge Cuda will be just fine as everyone is just going to call it a Cuda, just as they do a Viper, Ram, Prowler, whatever. It's a model of car but basically a brand. Whoever makes the brand doesn't matter. A Cuda is a Cuda.

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Chrysler 'Cuda doesn't sound to bad;), maybe they could make that new 426 GEN III crate HEMI an option.:drive:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonprowler
or my favorite... a Mod Top.

Why am I not surprised that you'd like that one?

ha ha ha ha ha

Oh, I get it. You both are too funny.:lmao:

Yes, I do like the Mod Top cars. So much so that I actually own one!

I bought this '69 Barracuda Mod Top in Columbus, Ohio back in '84. Poor guy did not realize that it was a factory option. He thought it had been customized, but I knew better. :)
attachment.php

Car has the original interior and original top. I pulled the engine and transmission to freshen them up. She's a 318 - 2 barrel car, but I put in a 340 intake and 4 barrel. The car had the original paint. Just had a couple of pinholes of rust in the back quarters. Everything else.... inner fenders, uni body, floor pans, etc., completely rust free. New paint by Superior Paint and Body.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My Mod Top has been a feature car in both MoPerformance and Mopar Muscle magazines.

And though I don't see a Mod Top in a future LC platform, it's still a very cool car and was a very hip option.

Ralph and his team are putting Chrysler back on the map. With a new Viper in the works and possibly a new 'Cuda, Chrysler is getting it's mojo back.:2tu:

And as far as stereotypes go..... I do have a bolt of the original material and Venzano's phone #, maybe I can find me a yellow Viper and .......

Anymore smart remarks boys?

Attachments

• mod top 1.jpg
    mod top 1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 366
  • mod top 2.jpg
    mod top 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 369
  • mod top 3.jpg
    mod top 3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 361
  • red lines.jpg
    red lines.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 362
OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add the rims from the VOI11 Sneak Peak car and the "Flower Power" trip is complete.

I would probably have to tub the back wheel wells to accomodate the ones on the VOI11 Sneak Peek car.:rolaugh:

If I remember correctly..... they did have a optional wheel back in '69 for the Barracuda and some other Chrysler vehicles. It was a magnesium wheel that looked very similar to the factory 2 piece sport hubcaps that I have on the car. Unfortunately, Chrysler pulled the magnesium wheels during the model year because of stress cracks and I guess some actual wheel failure. They call them the "death wheels".

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I would probably have to tub the back wheel wells to accomodate the ones on the VOI11 Sneak Peek car.:rolaugh:

If I remember correctly..... they did have a optional wheel back in '69 for the Barracuda and some other Chrysler vehicles. It was a magnesium wheel that looked very similar to the factory 2 piece sport hubcaps that I have on the car. Unfortunately, Chrysler pulled the magnesium wheels during the model year because of stress cracks and I guess some actual wheel failure. They call them the "death wheels".

You're referring to the ultra rare Kelsey Hayes wheels that go for a small fortune if you can find them!!! They had an argent paint and a red line on the wheel lip if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're referring to the ultra rare Kelsey Hayes wheels that go for a small fortune if you can find them!!! They had an argent paint and a red line on the wheel lip if I remember correctly.

Those are the ones, the Kelsey Hayes wheels. I think the last time I saw a set was probably 10 years ago at the Mopar Nationals and the guy wanted $1600 for the set. :omg:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that mod top is awsome, now you just need a hot naked lady to pose in it and it would complete the car...:eater:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that mod top is awsome, now you just need a hot naked lady to pose in it and it would complete the car...:eater:
That won't be happening. :crazy2: :lmao:

Actually, I do have a 1969 Plymouth Mod Top press release photo that has a pretty gal laying across the flowered roof of the car in a 2 piece bikini made out of the same Mod Top material. :omg:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Chrysler trademarked the old Tradesman name too the other day. I guess for a new full sized van.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics Randall! Sweet looking car. Was just reading about a mod top Daytona in the current issue of MCG.

Yes. Kelsey Hayes are the ones. They are being reproduced again as well in the event anyone wants a set.

Nice to see Dodge is getting it again. The names they are working on again all bring back good memories for the Mopar Nation!

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of the mod top personally but any 'Cuda is a good 'Cuda!!:2tu: I have been saying for years that they need to bring back the 'Cuda as a TWO door convertible:headbang:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Mom got a 1969 Barracuda notchback when new. It was later my first car. My Dad worked for Channel 17 then and one of his accounts was the Chrysler Plymouth group. They tried to push my Mom into ordering a Mod Top and she just hated it. Now...they're collectible. She got a gold car with black top and interior. (Certainly worked out better for me as my first car later!)

I think the reproduction wheels are still being made. I don;t if they make the smaller "A" body bolt pattern though, I know they did the "B" and "E" pattern. (Which are the same)

If memory serves, they were originally aluminum and the lugs did not stay tight causing the bolt holes and centers to crack.

That being said, I really like the 67-69 Barracudas far and away better than the later Challenger - 'cudas.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had this 68 340 4 spd Formula S in the early 70's .
I was p...d off when someone broadsided me and sold it as is for $1500. Little I knew back than how much it could fetch today if I mothballed it with such low production numbers [ in a low #2000's with 4 spd and convertible]

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4