Curved Fenders

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious if any of the aftermarket companies have made the Gen I & II style curved front fenders? Or would there even be a demand?

250front_coupe_curved-med.JPG

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ditto KenricGTS

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason --

You are on the right track in trying to soften some of the sharp lines in the front of the car to blend with the curved lines at the rear. However, it is not just as simple as adding a curve here and there. The whole design has to be integrated together so that it flows from one end to the other.

Many thought the Gen III was too radical a departure from the Gen II design. However, we have the Gen III and lots of owners are perfectly happy with the way it looks. So, I don't think there is a need to make the new cars look like the Gen II -- it should just look like one OVERALL INTEGRATED DESIGN .

DCX started the trend on the latest model by adding back in curved lines and your instinct is right to try to deal with the straight lines in the front that make the car look like a Vette and a few other cars. It may also be a perfectly valid exercise to straighten some of the new lines on the rear so that they blend with the front more.

All of this is hard to do with only Photoshop because of its limitations, but don't get discouraged. We appreciate your efforts to stretch all of our imaginations. :laugh:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn Bruce, have you ever thought to be a politician? jk

Your perspective is spot on though. It is not a singular aspect but the overall flow.

OP
OP
G

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I have a new fascia design that is still the crosshair Viper bumper but it softens everything. I can't show that one just yet because of somethings I am working on but it does go good with these fenders. Thanks for the comments.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thats really not curving the fenders, so much as it is curving the sidesills...all of the work would be done there.

Instead of screwing with that though, why doesnt someone make a fender that has a molded in +1" fender flare? Even better, do a fender flare AND a wider/lower front bumper, in order to merge all the peices together and make the car at least 2 inches wider in front. with the combination of a wheel that has a deeper offset, we could increase the effective front track by two inches. THAT would look awesome.

OP
OP
G

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am actually meeting with a company that is backing my projects and so I don't want to show anything that they don't want shown. I will talk with them today and see if they want anything more out to view.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be neat but what you have to look at is will more than one or two people buy it. That is the hard part.

If it came out exactly like the GTS-R car, I'd almost certainly buy one. I'm sure you could get others as well. The hard part is getting anyone to committ before a final product is ready. I'd have to see it first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte