Custom Hood Design: Need Feedback

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would definitely help with underhood temps. Will the bulge allow some more clearance on top of the engine? Roe intercooler comes to mind...

It's about 1" higher at the front of the bulge and the rear of the bulge. The center is about the same.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy crap that is cool looking!

any chance of making the back of the center **** a little higher to let out more heat?

(oops - sorry. just saw it was already asked.)

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does the air intake for the AC come in? If I understand correctly, the airbox is under the pass side grill on the stock hood. I ran my car without the airbox for a short while, as I was messing with some placement of fuel pump booster. The AC was useless because it was sucking in hot air from under the hood.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does the air intake for the AC come in? If I understand correctly, the airbox is under the pass side grill on the stock hood. I ran my car without the airbox for a short while, as I was messing with some placement of fuel pump booster. The AC was useless because it was sucking in hot air from under the hood.

The air intake is now a vent but works the same for the airbox. The drivers side is functional for heat extraction.

P1010114.JPG

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The air intake is now a vent but works the same for the airbox. The drivers side is functional for heat extraction.

Nice. Is that routing built into the underside of the hood, or is there a new tube required? I couldn't see from the picture where the vent location is relative to the existing grill.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For my part, this is very interesting at less than $4K. I get a lot of under hood heat and would like a solution for clearing it out while keeping good looks. This looks really ****, so I'd like to see it on and painted. Thanks for all the info.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice! Competitive pricing means that it would be a hot seller. Cost of factory Gen 2 Hood in Canada is $28,000. Even a slight front end collision writes the car off. Your hoods could help a few Vipers get back onto the road after being written off.

Ted

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Great work! It is nice to see someone investing the resources and time you do on the products you make. You are a great resource to the viper community.

Steve

DSG2003SVT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It definitely has the potential to look great! I would have to see it on a car before I could decide for sure though. Nice work!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally someone figured out a tasteful way to get rid of those awful speaker grills. IMHO they are the only design flaw on the GEN II GTS. The rest of your hood looks beatiful as well. NICE JOB!

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interested too! I love that hood! If you're making a list of potential buyers, put me on it! email address is bob(at)replicacountach.com.

Viper Fever

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff thanks for the reply. I love the way my 1995 RT10 looks , the back and side views
are the best but the smoothie hood was always lacking in my opinion. I think that
your hood will compliment the rest of the car very nicely. I'm very excited thank you.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very interesting. Im dealing with the settling cracks on the hood of my 1995 rt/10. for 4k, i might want to ditch the original hood altogether. cant wait to see pics of this finished on a gen1.:2tu:

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting. Im dealing with the settling cracks on the hood of my 1995 rt/10. for 4k, i might want to ditch the original hood altogether. cant wait to see pics of this finished on a gen1.:2tu:
post a pic of the crackes or PM me, they can be fixed

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like that hood. It would be a touch choice between this one and your "other" hood for a GenII. I would have to see a pic of them painted and on the car. This hood may not have the curves to match the GEN I/II.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its the usual cracks for a 1995. i already talked to chuck and he said it has to be taken down to the fiber and built back up before paint. cracks are in the paint, not the hood. but if im already going through that whole process..... this hood looks killer.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that hood. It would be a touch choice between this one and your "other" hood for a GenII. I would have to see a pic of them painted and on the car. This hood may not have the curves to match the GEN I/II.

You must have me confused with USExotics. He has a gen 1-2 hood that is very outragous and interesting. It's a popular hood so if you do a search you should be able to find it. I'll post pics of this hood on the car tonight when I'm not on with dial up.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, keep in mind there are no latches on this hood so it is only setting into position (hence the poor gaps at the moment).
P10101222.JPG

P10101241.JPG

P10101211.JPG

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must have me confused with USExotics. He has a gen 1-2 hood that is very outragous and interesting. It's a popular hood so if you do a search you should be able to find it. I'll post pics of this hood on the car tonight when I'm not on with dial up.

Jeff

I must be mistaken, sorry for that. I do love your street serpent kit :headbang: If I had a GENIII I'd put it on in a heartbeat.

Maybe it's just the primer but I think the scoop in the center needs a bit more hight oommph to it. The viper body has lots of curves and no hard edged lines. It's VERT difficult to blend curves with hard lines. I think this could work well but needs the curves to match the GenI/II better. So far, so good.

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it's great although I'm very much into FUNCTIONAL scoops and vents (I HATE the hood scoops on the likes of a Mustang that have no functional purpose). This design would therefore be excellent for getting cold air into and hot air out of a forced induction engine bay, something the existing Gen I hood can't do well. Is the air coming in from the duct directed onto any specific area of the engine bay?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187