Custom interior and audio build thread! 1998 GTS

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed you cut the holes and removed the tapered end behind all the gauges, are those pieces going to be installed back some how?
Looks nice and clean!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sat in a 458 with that interior and did not want to leave the car. In the end I was asked to get out as other people wanted to try out the car :D

Love it, Now the 458 steering wheel would be a nice edition :D
Hope you're going to throw a bit of carbon into the mix too?

Ya we are actually going to replicate the seats, can't wait to see how those come out. I wish I could have that steering wheel if it was possible I would do it in a heart beat.

I noticed you cut the holes and removed the tapered end behind all the gauges, are those pieces going to be installed back some how?
Looks nice and clean!

Yep sure am. There going to be painted body color (silver) and reinstalled back into the dash. They should be painted today, so hopefully the dash will go back in by tomorrow.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well this was from Friday so here are some more pictures. Got the tail lights re-installed.
You must be registered for see images

The gauges with led upgrades, the climate control, and the new radio are installed. The steering wheel is finally out. Here is some of the wiring, you can see all the new wires ran to the trunk for the audio system with the 2nd battery, also you can see the two buses that have the controls for the over headed switches. It is located behind the glove box. Also here is a teaser pic for the dash surrounds. I just sat it in there and its not straight or clipped yet, though you get the idea. Finally here is a seat they just finished for a 94 rt10, just thought Id show you the quality of the seat work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking Awesome. :2tu:

The seat threw me! Could not work out the Red with your Blue stiching on the Dash! ......then read the post again and realised it was not your seat!
Sorry :doh2:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep posting the pics of your build and keep this awesome thread alive.... one of the best on the forums !!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep posting the pics of your build and keep this awesome thread alive.... one of the best on the forums !!

Thanks I really do appreciate it, I enjoy sharing my passion!!

That being said here is another update.
Got the dash reassembled, the gauge surrounds turned out even better than I thought! They also got a lot of other parts wrapped I for got to take pictures of but here is the rear console in the process of being wrapped. Also they got the inner dash re-installed, so hopefully the dash will go back into today. The radio surround got sanded down, and here are my new floor mats. ( forgot to post the picture of the secondary battery) Though keep in mind still have a lot of wiring to do in the trunk to make the wiring look perfect. Should have another update tonight.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea on how the did the Gauges!
How did they re-install the round pieces back on after they cut them out?
Look great!!

JeffInDFW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for taking time to share. Its clear that you are putting a LOT of work into this.

Looking at the switch panel......You know what? I think the thing that is hurting you is actually something very simple to overcome.....I think it might be the -font- of the lettering. As much work as you are putting into this, I would look into having the font changed. The photo of the panel backlit in the 4x4 truck looks a lot better, but I understand where the other guys are coming from saying it looks "kit carish". Its a pretty cool idea, and I saw your post that shows these are NOT cheap switches. I was just trying to figure out WHAT it was that made them LOOK cheap.

Best of luck to you on the build, I'm enjoying following your progress.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for taking time to share. Its clear that you are putting a LOT of work into this.

Looking at the switch panel......You know what? I think the thing that is hurting you is actually something very simple to overcome.....I think it might be the -font- of the lettering. As much work as you are putting into this, I would look into having the font changed. The photo of the panel backlit in the 4x4 truck looks a lot better, but I understand where the other guys are coming from saying it looks "kit carish". Its a pretty cool idea, and I saw your post that shows these are NOT cheap switches. I was just trying to figure out WHAT it was that made them LOOK cheap.

Best of luck to you on the build, I'm enjoying following your progress.

Jeff I agree with you for sure, I wasnt thrilled about how the letters looked either. I talked to the shop about it thsi morning and they said they could pull the panel back out but they would have to pull the headliner down again. So I guess I have to decide how much I want to spend to have the font changed. I really would have rather had pictures instead of words. I'll ask how much it will cost to pull them back out, hopefully not much.

So for another quick up date the extracted the carpets and are reinstalling them. Also here are a couple more of the parts wrapped. The last piece so the prep work they have to do to get the material to stick. Apparently the glue wont stick at all the leather looking plastic, so they have to sand the material down to make a good contact surface.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoying this thread very much. I plan to do some interior tweaks in the future. Probably wont be able to go this far, but its great to follow your progress.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY NICE!!!!!!!! This is what i have been wanting to do for a few years now but never seen a hole interia done....

Great work.....

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys I appreciate all the kind words. I have to admit I've dreamed about owning a viper since I was a little boy. In 1995 a good friend of my dad had a gen 1 viper, and offered me a ride in it. Thats about all it took to make me a believer, and I made a goal that I would get a viper by my 30th birthday. Which I happen to buy 1 month before I turned 30. It was a dream come true when I saw the car for the first time, and can't wait to have many memories to come. That being said though I knew the number 1 thing I wanted to do is get the interior updated, and install modern electronics. So if you guys have any questions please feel free to ask. I want to help advance the platform and help make others dreams come true too!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had the picture messaged to me from the shop!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So today they finished all the electrical upgrades one being a new alarm. It was extremely tricky because of how the car solenoid system operates. The picture below shows the 4 relay setup needed to get the new keyless entry to work properly. The new setup works in this fashion. the keyless controls unlock lock and trunk release (super excited about that) then when the car starts it disengages the solenoids. The unlock button that is installed in the over head now activates and deactivates the the door solenoids. Also the door handles are being replaced with push buttons on custom fabricated grab handles on both doors. I am getting the wiring scematics for the relays hopefully it will be useful for you guys. The doors below were ones that they custom made for a factory five GTM. You can see the idea though. I think they will look amazing compared to door handles.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On another fun note I thought I'd show you what these guys can do with seats. So excited for you guys to see what the seats are going to look like. Anyways these seats were for the same kit car, they started with a 300zx seat. (which as you can see below is trashed) Then built a new frame for the seats redesign with custom foam. Which then ended looking like the seats below. This car actually ended up being featured at SEMA in Las Vegas. I guess just thought I would share the possibilities.

Attachments

• 185169_10151278851177354_964398560_n.jpg
    185169_10151278851177354_964398560_n.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 25

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm digging the rusted wires on that chair! Those seats look sweet!

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update for the day. They started workin on the seats today. Been just workin on the frames and the foam work. They are moving the back release switch to make room for the new design on the seat. Wait till he is finish shaping the seat....... man I so pumped!!!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOOKING GREAT, One thing I have noticed is your A/C, Temp control and Fan knobs, MGW sell really nice silver Aluminium control knobs which would match your dash bezels and also Aluminum tilt steering wheel lever?

carbon_bits_2013_011.JPG

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its funny you bring that up, I literally was looking at those last night. I also have a ton of parts im going to have to sell. Which I have no idea what they go for. Though I agree that those would be a much better fit than the chrome ones that I currently have.

OP
OP
K

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so what cost more, the car purchase or the interior upgrades? lol

Well I have to admit I worked at this shop as a sales manger for years. I actually switched jobs the week the car came into the shop. So to make a long story short they are taking really good car of me. I just didn't want people to feel like I was trying to promote there company without being a sponsoring vender. Though Id love to show you the car we finished earlier this year. It is a new dodge charger and its pretty insane.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I don't think you have told us the name of the shop? So if you posted up a couple of pics of the other car I don't think it would hurt?

If people wanted to know the shop name they could drop you a PM ;)

I do remember a couple of guys getting there Gen 3 interiors fitted out in the same material you are using, it was not cheap! Dread to think what this would cost the average customer :omg: But Awesome work and thanks for posting the pics of the build, it certainly can give us ideas for the future :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper