Custom Painted Hood Pad

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got around to painting my hood pad and what a difference it makes.
Time permitting tomorrow and I'll get this puppy installed.
Here's a pic before the matte clear coat is applied.
You must be registered for see images

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Silver looks great. you should have left off the red stripe since your snake is not red and black or red and white nor red and silver. just my .02

OP
OP
S

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave ... was thinking that the clearcoat would set the colors and give things a more finished look. I used flat on the black and red parts of the logo and chose not to paint the entire pad. Although I'm quite pleased overall it's sure tough to do an abosolutely perfect paint job on the pad material. Wouldn't using a gloss clearcoat enhance any paint flaws?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave ... was thinking that the clearcoat would set the colors and give things a more finished look. I used flat on the black and red parts of the logo and chose not to paint the entire pad. Although I'm quite pleased overall it's sure tough to do an abosolutely perfect paint job on the pad material. Wouldn't using a gloss clearcoat enhance any paint flaws?

After I got done painting my hood pad logo, I sprayed clear over the entire pad thinking it would help make pad cleaning easier. I haven't cleaned my pad but it sure looks nice and purdy.

OP
OP
S

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Matte Crystal clear was used to seal.
You must be registered for see images

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did the full gloss paint and love it. Of course this is all about personal choices right?

BTW, did my first car show yesterday since doing my hoodpad, and I noticed many people snapping pics under there.

Looks great. Now show it off all the time!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Appreciate the pics. I think it does add that little extra and compliments the mighty V-10 nicely. I'm thinking about doing custom hood pads to cover the individual openings around the X on my Serpent/Lemke '08 hood.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I was thinking about a set of snake eyes for starters.

Lemke_Hood_Serpent.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960