Custom Stereo Is Finished!!!! Yeah Baby! *pics*

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys! I have a ROE along with a set of Belanger headers and catback on my list next.. will go nicely with everything else so far. Now just have to decide what weight pulley for the roe. probably do a modest 5 lb.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys! I have a ROE along with a set of Belanger headers and catback on my list next.. will go nicely with everything else so far. Now just have to decide what weight pulley for the roe. probably do a modest 5 lb.

You have forged pistons.

Be a man.

Pump that plenum with more than a 5 pound pulley. :2tu:

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what can I safely go with, without adding water/****, and avoid any engine issues

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you may get bass cancellation with the windows up...

Please explain. I don't think that the GTS is anywhere near airtight.

I can buy the airbag deploying and potentially rupturing eardrums. I don't buy the "back glass blowing out when you close the door" as dave666 said. There have been a few posts about the rear hatch glue failing, but none of them had blocked air vents.

DrDJ

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please explain. I don't think that the GTS is anywhere near airtight.

I can buy the airbag deploying and potentially rupturing eardrums. I don't buy the "back glass blowing out when you close the door" as dave666 said. There have been a few posts about the rear hatch glue failing, but none of them had blocked air vents.

DrDJ

No car is "airtight". You absolutely don't want it airtight. Especially when someone passes gas.... :p The posts I've read about the rear glass coming loose was because the vents were slightly blocked or misaligned. This must have caused some back pressure that eventually worked the hinges loose.

As far as bass cancellation it depends on the subwoofers and where they are mounted. With mine being in the center of the trunk I had noticable cancellation with the windows up. When I opened the windows slightly the bass response actually improved. One would have to tune the lower bass response to minimize or remove any bass cancellation. I didn't want to redo my sub enclosure so I just live with it.

Hyspeed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks good
do you know how hard it would be to do that in my 05 convertible?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I bought my new ACR, I new I wanted to upgrade the stereo similar to my last car. Well this time, I went ALL OUT and hired Tuners Audio in Ft Oglethorpe GA to install a custom setup in the trunk (2 10"s and a Memphis amp). Having come recommended by Mike @Ringgold Dodge, and after having them do some previous work on my old ACR, I gave them some basic parameters for what I wanted and gave them free reign to use their imagination and customize something nice. Well they did a pretty darn good job!

Here is my list:

Avic N2 with hideaway unit, NC-B1 backup camera (with customized Orange LEDs on head unit and facelpate courtesy of Same Day Audio repair in Chesapeake, VA)

Memphis Belle Amplifier 16-MCH1300 1300 Watts
2 10" subs

Here is what it looks like:

Walking into the shop.. hadn't seen it yet... :)

driving... backup camera works even while in motion:

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey Ive just bought the Pioneer Avac X1R European version :) I just got a second hand system of ebay which should arrive any day now :) Would be very interested to know how to wire the unit up in the Viper, its going in my 2000 GTS. I had planed to use the original factory Alpine amp and speakers, if you have any tips on the install I would love to know :2tu: Does the sound go up and down as you increase speed as the OEM Alpine unit did? Also do you have any pics of where you installed the back up camera? Your complete system looks great but its a bit out of my budget ;)
Thanks
Mark
:uk:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ive just bought the Pioneer Avac X1R European version :) I just got a second hand system of ebay which should arrive any day now :) Would be very interested to know how to wire the unit up in the Viper, its going in my 2000 GTS. I had planed to use the original factory Alpine amp and speakers, if you have any tips on the install I would love to know :2tu: Does the sound go up and down as you increase speed as the OEM Alpine unit did? Also do you have any pics of where you installed the back up camera? Your complete system looks great but its a bit out of my budget ;)
Thanks
Mark

Your best bet is to remove the alpine amp oem, it is garbage. That pioneer can produce cleaner and louder sound then the OEM amp.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK another question, where did you put the GPS antena and also the CD/DVD changer?
My stuff arrived this morning but I have no installation instructions or user guide :( So Ive a whole bunch of wires with no idea where they go :rolleyes: (apart from in the car somewhere) :D

Mark

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JPA99ACR,

I think that the installation is nice. In fact, it is one of the nicest that I have seen. Congrats. As for the spare tire being used as a crash protection device, I respectfully disagree.

With all due respect, if you think about it, a crash can occur when you have a spare tire on the car, therefore a manufacturer cannot rely on a spare tire to be present to help out with safety. The spare is being used. Your installation takes into account that if you have a flat, you are most likely gong to be calling a tow truck. I would say that almost everyone here would do that.

In fact, I have never seen a thread on this site that asked how many people have used the spare at all. I would venture a guess that it would be a very small amount of people.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK another question, where did you put the GPS antena and also the CD/DVD changer?
My stuff arrived this morning but I have no installation instructions or user guide :( So Ive a whole bunch of wires with no idea where they go :rolleyes: (apart from in the car somewhere) :D

Mark

Your on your own with the cd/dvd changer, didn't think anyone used those anymore with the invention of the IPOD. As far as the GPS antenna I put mine right on the dash on the passenger side corner. Flows nicely.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try this experiement. Open the hatch and shut the drivers door with the windows up...then close the hatch and do it again. You will notice quite a bit of pressure build-up when you shut the door...that the rear vents...vent. Just saying.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try this experiement. Open the hatch and shut the drivers door with the windows up...then close the hatch and do it again. You will notice quite a bit of pressure build-up when you shut the door...that the rear vents...vent. Just saying.

That's a good indicator. If you close the door with the rear hatch unlatched but just resting on the bottom you will notice that it pops up when the door closes. Now imagine if both air bags deploy in a few milliseconds how much pressure is produced.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your on your own with the CD/DVD changer, didn't think anyone used those anymore with the invention of the IPOD. As far as the GPS antenna I put mine right on the dash on the passenger side corner. Flows nicely.
IPods don't play DVDs do they? Also the mapping is on a DVD/ CD disc so I guess you have to have a changer of some sort with this system.

Now Ive missed a generation or two but I have over the years bought one or two CDs, but I used to buy all my music on vinyl in the 80s / early 90,s When the music industry stopped producing Vinyl they lost me as a customer and Ive never really been back :(

I do not own a IPOD or an MP3 player, Ive seen people using them but don't understand how you get the tunes on the things, they say you have to download music onto them from a computer but is this free? I don't like the idea of having to pay again after I've bought the vinyl originally, How long dose it take? Is it possible to play my vinyl then somehow copy it onto an IPod? :( They just look a bit like my old Sony Walkman cassette player :D Sorry to say I don't know much about this stuff :(

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ipods have the ability to produce a resolution suitable for in dash dvd players, so yes, they can play dvds. To carry DVD's around in the vehicle, especially a vehicle with this much limited room is a waste.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I still can't hear it. Is it playing???

...hold on...let me turn of my engine....

Just playing! Looks good & you still have a trunk. Might want to change your rear springs to offset all that MDF in the trunk now. Relatively cheap and will restore you handeling - unless you feel it has improved with the extra weight - no wrong answer here, just consider you probably have close to 200 pounds back there now. Just something to think about before the car reacts differently than you expect it to....I know...safety BS again ;)

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stop with the vents already!!!!

Just look for this his car at the VOI. Ask to sit in it - hot box it!!!! With the rear vents plugged that thing will stay in there the entire weekend!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I can't believe this thread is back up here.

For the record the GPS antenna was placed on the passenger side dash near the pillar. Worked good. The worst problem I had with the system is the battery kept dying after about 4 days without the tender plugged in. Never had that problem before the install. I think it might have been the amp.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh: I did not realise you first posted this in 2007!

Ive been on the computer today downloading and printing off Installation instructions and Operators manual! I'm amazed how complex it all seems :( So do you still have this unit in the car? Any problems?