1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daddy, wow, what kinda car is that? Son, that's the new Vette. -facepalm.

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by DMan, Nov 2, 2013.

1. slysnake

slysnake Enthusiast

On the other hand I've also gotten these comments:

1. "Nice Ferrari" (almost as often as the corvette comment)

2. "Wow! a Lamborghini"

3. "I thought all those had the doors that went up" (again a reference to a Lambo)

4. "Can I have your 120,000.00 dollar car?"

5. "I can't afford one of those. They are over 200,000.00 dollars"

2. Ricketts

Ricketts Enthusiast

I had a guy comment Saturday to me that's he's had three vipers and sold them. Says he'd love to have another but can't afford it as he then goes and climbs into a 1-2year old Z06. Lol

3. HobokenViper

HobokenViper Enthusiast

I'm always happy to share my car with others who appreciate it. I think that's a big part of the fun of owning a car like this. After all, what fun is it if you never have anyone to share it with?

I blame the parents for things like the experience I had. The kid was very young, maybe 6 years old and a very silly and hyperactive kid. He wasn't that interested in the cars as much as he was just fooling around with all the knobs and gadgetry inside all of them. The Father was pushing his son on all the owners just so he could take a picture of his kid in all of the cars. At least next time I'll know to qualify it better by using your example of what to say to the parent. Very good point.

Love your story, and totally agree. As a kid, the few times someone was nice enough to take me for a ride in their Ferrari, Porsche, or Corvette , or even let me sit in them had such a long lasting impression on me. I know the same is true for most kids who love cars, and it makes you feel good to share the experience with the next generation.....

4. HobokenViper

HobokenViper Enthusiast

I get this comment from almost everyone, and it always cracks me up. Guaranteed that 90%+ of folks who say this have never sat in or driven in a Viper, and are likely referring to the wrong make/model car like a Corvette anyway. Yet everyone for some reason feels the need to tell you that they know someone who also owns the same car, like I'm going to jump for joy and congratulate them or something.

Better yet are the people who ask "so how fast have you gotten it??!!" Man does that question piss me off for some reason.......could be largely because of the fact that EVERYONE asks that same question!!!!! Hahaha!

5. Bugman Jeff

Bugman Jeff Enthusiast

I always reply with "Well, the speed limit in WI is 65, so...65."

6. WSAYERS80

WSAYERS80 Viper Owner

All these stories even some I have experienced have one thing in common.. Mostly men in the presence of a female trying to impress her with his vast knowledge of the automobile or or he is with his kids.. either way he is clueless and man card suspended.. Corvette.... seriously!!!