Dan Blacks DLM Viper the Fastest TRUE street car Evan Smith has EVER tested

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
Have you ever had the chance to race your car on the track in the cooler weather? I would be very curious to see what it would run on street tires.
I know my DLM car runs much stronger during the cooler months here in NC. You definitely have one of the fastest DLM 1 cars I know of. Excellent times on street tires.

Chuck B.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

Wait, you're not another one of those keybord jockeys that races with the enter key are you?

Tom Welch is out there running the times.... you're sitting at home running your mouth
laugh.gif
. I wonder what Evan would think if he could read all the posts you make about him? Maybe we should get a stock car and let Joe and Tom drive it and once Tom wins, then Joe has to shut up forever about Evan Smith.

Hell, I'll chip in my share of Tom's plane ticket to NYC just to shut Joe up about the magical mystical Evan Smith
laugh.gif

All in good fun Joe

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

Thanks for the approval. We will see how the event goes. Id love to take a crack at driving Dans car even if its just one run. Think about it, I could care less that Dan is not my customer, going fast is what its all about. I believe that there is more than a 10.80 in his car, not to take anything away from anyone else who has or may drive the car. Thats just my gut feeling from having driven dozens and dozens of stock tired vipers that make decent power.

I'm sure Dan will have requests from many qualified drivers, but its Dans car, he has to decide. Heck, I hope HE drives his car and posts the fastest run.

In any event, we are spending the nite in Atlanta and will be in BB about 2:00 pm tomorrow. Should anyone wish to reach us, my cell phone is 352-216-0070.

See yall there,

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Mike WHAT WOULD EVAN THINK if he read my posts.HE reads my posts on the web all the time.You can ask him yourself.Come to think of it YOU CANT ASK HIM YOURSELF because you never show up to race at ANY of the MAJOR events held at ENGLISHTOWN.You are either out of town (this year )and did not know about the event(it is ONLY advertised on this board 4 months in advance )or show up to race on Sundays (when heads up racing is done on Sat )LAST YEAR.Whats more you tell me your car is stock and i get 10 Emails from people who saw the car run that tell me it has been modifyed.Every time Smith runs a time in a Viper IT IS DOCUMENTED AND VERIFYED (including ANY and all mods )just like in this particular case.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What big event was that Joe? The biggest event is the zone rendezvous. Jamie Furman was there. Jason Heffner was there. Don Nase was there. I was there. We were all running on the drag strip. Where were you? Oh, yeah, I forgot... you WEREN'T THERE. It's a 4 hour drive to Englishtown - how far is it for you? Do you think I should show up every weekend hoping to se you there sometime? LOL. Joe, I've heard from a bunch of people that you are the king of the no-show, and I'm not about to drive 4 hours for a no-show. I work 7 days a week, every week... so to take time off, I need to know it's for a reason and not just to take a scenic 4 hour drive to E-town for a no-show
laugh.gif

As for my highly modified car... yeah remember those drag radials I didnt have and the K&N filters I didn't have... I forgot, my highly modified car with the 2 1/2" exhaust pipes and smooth tubes that made a whopping 415RWHP on the dyno with K&N's that it didnt have at E-town
laugh.gif

Are you getting an SRT Joe? How about I bring mine down to e-town when it's bone bone stock and your boyfriend Evan Smith and I can run your SRT vs. my SRT and whoever loses has to eat crow. You can buy me a nice dinner and some beer afterwards.

I'll give you credit Joe, you're the king of trash talking
laugh.gif

No hard feelings... I understand why the guys who specialize in talking get mad at the guys that specialize in doing
supergrin.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad,

Once again, you are incorrect. Dan was running his purner tires on Wednesday. I would have loved to have driven his car. The event was rushed and then rained out, there was no time for me to drive his car. Where were you?

There were alot of people there, Joe, but amazingly as usual, you are hiding again. You missed some great conversation about how you got OUTRUN in Englishtown after bugging the Saunders to race you! I was suprized at how many people were talking about it. In seeing the way you continually rant and post, I believe every word of what these folks said! Take your whippin like a man boy! Next time you come across one of my customers(or anyone else with a fast viper) at the track remember this.....don't bring a knife to a gunfight!

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

P.S. for those who don't know about this, 1bad-Joe, hounded another Viper owner to race him, motor for motor at a recent race in NJ. The viper owner, who also happens to be a customer of mine, was there to race. He had purners and nitrous and was running mid 10's in another class, which he eventually won. Joe, could not help himself and continuously bugged Mr. Saunders to race. Saunders eventually accepted the challenge and devistated Joe even without nitrous. So Joe, i suggest if you cant generate a 140 mph + timeslip or afford a better set of tires, then leave those of us who are faster than you alone.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny where you been buddy (was going thru some old threads and saw this -brings back alot of memorys )if your out there call me ,Joe (732)977-7244.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man look at the ET and MPH traps now Vipers (particularly the forced induction ones )have come a long way in 6 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc