Danica Patrick drives the 2008 Dodge Viper

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's better drivers on this board and the Alley that could walk circles around her driving abilities when it comes to the Viper.

To qualify my statement, how much seat time and familiarity does she have with the Viper?

Answer: Probably close to none.

She's a terrific IRL driver, but not a terrific Viper driver and there is a difference.

Jay K.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why but she seems like an annoying chick? I think she was probably in 6th gear trying to accelerate.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She has some Ninja skills though. More balls than a lot of people but a Viper is just a little too much for her. Sucky article too but at least the Viper did better than the Vette.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...she's annoying. She apparently doesn't know how to drive the Viper...WOT in 6th gear come on. I agree with Jay as they are much better drivers on this board when it comes to pushing the Viper. She seemed like she was expecting a Corvette-type ride and didn't get it. Oh well...at least she rocks when it comes to IRL. One plus for her on this is she didn't complain about the lack of trunk space. :rolaugh:

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty lame video. She talks as though she spent hours and hours behind the wheel when I'm sure that we see 95% of her seat time (and probably her only experience in a Viper) on that video.
Not a surprising result: It's not a chick car!
Perhaps if she were more familiar with the car she'd have pushed it more, lost it a couple of times and gained some fear and respect for the car.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys think she rocks in the IRL? Do any of you even follow the IRL? She is in her third year, has had the best of the best teams and equipment and hasn't won a race yet. She was putting drivers into the walls her entire rookie year but the IRL discredited themselves for the sake of promo and still gave her the rookie of the year award. Any other driver would have gotten their walking papers long ago. The ONLY reason she is still in the field is because she's a woman and I have to admit, one of the reasons I watch is to laugh at how mediocre she is. So I suppose the IRL hyping her does actually work.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching the vid I can see why she can't win a race. A driver needs to know what they are talking about to be able to communicate to the crew. Her poor crew must be in constant confusion.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talented driver? Well she was invited to drive at Sebring this year in a Prototype. She likes the Vette better and so does this months Car and Driver. They test an 08 Viper against an 07 ZO6, and although the new Viper was only slightly faster, they like the Vette over all. "Better interior quality, comfort, driveability, and bang for the buck". I am sure the Vette guys are eating this article up.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys think she rocks in the IRL? Do any of you even follow the IRL? She is in her third year, has had the best of the best teams and equipment and hasn't won a race yet. She was putting drivers into the walls her entire rookie year but the IRL discredited themselves for the sake of promo and still gave her the rookie of the year award. Any other driver would have gotten their walking papers long ago. The ONLY reason she is still in the field is because she's a woman and I have to admit, one of the reasons I watch is to laugh at how mediocre she is. So I suppose the IRL hyping her does actually work.

Another thing with the IRL is that weight makes a bigger difference. The IRL does not consider the weight of the driver in its race specifications. (unlike other series) So Danica weighing in at 100pds gives her a major advantage in fuel consumption, handling and speed.

I do however think she is a very good driver. And I have found myself routing for her more than once. She finished second in the last race. (Although the three people in front of her crashed on the last lap):D

It would be an increadible boost to IRL if she won a race especially the INDY 500.

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a nit-wit. Out of a six minute interview, all she kept repeating was bumps, grip, and poor acceleration in 6th gear.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admire Danica's talents, but agree the whole comparison article was lame. You could not class really any of those cars together. (Porsche, Corvette, Viper, Lambo) They all respond very differently....juli

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
She's hot and can't drive a Viper. *** is the problem?

Those are the same two conclusions I made by the end of the interview!

If the '08's are anything like the earlier gen's, 5th and 6th gear are overdrives. 4th gear should have taken her all the way to 130 mph+ ?? What the hell was she doing in 5th & 6th gears in a mock "race"????

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people don't see it as comparing apples to oranges because they have never been in a Viper, Z06, Porsche or Lambo before. The Z06 put emphasis on weight reduction and sacrificed longevity for horsepower. The Viper is the exact opposite. Porsche and Lamborghini seem more focused on quality and precision, but they are still totally different cars. I don't really understand how Danica can drive a car once and then be considered a subject-matter expert simply because she has seat time in an IRL car. It's like asking an F-16 pilot to critique a 747. They are both airplanes but...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people don't see it as comparing apples to oranges because they have never been in a Viper, Z06, Porsche or Lambo before. The Z06 put emphasis on weight reduction and sacrificed longevity for horsepower. The Viper is the exact opposite. Porsche and Lamborghini seem more focused on quality and precision, but they are still totally different cars. I don't really understand how Danica can drive a car once and then be considered a subject-matter expert simply because she has seat time in an IRL car. It's like asking an F-16 pilot to critique a 747. They are both airplanes but...

Yep, what I said....not a good comparo article...apples to oranges to lemons?~~~juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, but we get to look at Danica. I'd eat spaghetti if she made it.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's an idiot... too busy checking herself in the mirror during a race to win it. Explains all the crashes. :rolleyes:

Would I do her? Sure, but I'll need some duct tape first. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's an idiot... too busy checking herself in the mirror during a race to win it. Explains all the crashes. :rolleyes:
Would I do her? Sure, but I'll need some duct tape first. :D

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: You've offended my delicate sensibilities:(
Nasty, nasty Warfang!!! :nono: :( ~juli

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't read the article, but in discussing the new Viper on another Vette forum, got this from an 07 ZO6 owner:
2009 model SS (or whatever they will call it) will be 650HP supercharged 6.2 liter and 2010 model will be 700HP.

Also, on a slightly different note.... Danika Patrick drove a ZO6 (current model) and an 08 600HP Viper and she loved the ZO6 over the Viper! She said the Viper was unstable at high speeds around 180 mph, unlike the ZO6. Also, the Viper was only 3 mph faster in the slalom when compared to the ZO6. Not bad when there is close to a 100HP difference!
You must be registered for see images

She currently has an AWD Gallardo in her garage as her daily driver. Maybe the ZO6 will change that!
You must be registered for see images
:rolleyes:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't read the article, but in discussing the new Viper on another Vette forum, got this from an 07 ZO6 owner:
:rolleyes:

Yeah, you'd have to read the comparisons with the 4 cars to appreciate that they are just SOOO different...everyone likes their own car, be it the Z06, for us--the Viper...to others, the Porsche, others again the Lamborghini...to each their own....we'll take the Viper hands down ANYDAY!~~~ Experimented with owning a Z06, and we MUCH prefer the Viper overall...it's a TRUE DRIVING experience EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Scratch--you will experience this soon~~trust me!!!! ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like she'll crash into the headboard and pass out. :D
I need a HANS device in bed! :lmao:

(She'd be a-wearing the helmet!! NO prob with the headboard!)....gotta say this thread is getting off topic!! I will stop in the here and now!! (Don't know what a HANS device is, probably thankfully....!) ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62