Danica Patrick drives the 2008 Dodge Viper

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times does she say "bumps" in that vid? talk about a broken record. I thought i was watching a 10 second clip that was edited to a couple minutes on loop. "Vette and Viper didnt have the power or grunt she expected"??? compared to what her IRL cart???? Stupid girl!!! Guess what honey both those cars will hand your Gallardo its A*^

LOL she ONLY has bumps, cause we drive on HILLS! :rolaugh:

--RS

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get back on track...

She's hot. Post more pics.

She needs a car with squeaky toys on the dash and wheel.

What else?

Here ya go Dave...she's waiting for you. This should keep you busy for a minute or two.
You must be registered for see images

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale Jarrett, Dale Earnheardt Jr, Kyle Petty....etc. I could go on and on. There are plenty of great drivers out there. If you have read any of my posts before you know I am not politically correct.

Why anyone gives a sh*t about what this lady says is beyond me. There are many more talented drivers out there that have been in NASCAR and in INDy for over a decade, why this woman was chosen to critique a true american sports cars is completely insane to me.

It takes a hell of a lot more that T & A to be a car critique....The Viper is the best sports car on the planet under $500,000k, period. Ok, the Porsche GT2 comes close....but it is not attractive and not unique...

Viper owners are in a world of their own and in a class by themselves...why we even bother to compare a brute sports car to half comfort/sports car wanna be's makes no sense. The Viper is loud, fast, quick, mean, ****, and 100% American.
Everything else is just a half hearted attempt to be what the Viper truly is.....if they cant beat us....criticize us...but we are still the envy of every car club/manufacturer out there. I will give some credence to the Ford GT. But it was not something the Ford faithful could support continuously...it was a limited run...

We are here to stay.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
While it was a lame review - why doesnt Dodge address the two points that she (and just about every SRT owner) dislike about the Viper - 1) The gearing, 2) The Shocks.

Put in a 3.33 / 3.42 / 3.55 from the factory! As one earlier post was entitled - "My Viper is a 5 speed" - as 6th gear is practically unusable.

Shocks - why cant Dodge put better shocks in a Viper? Motons / Penske seem to be able to get it right - why cant dodge?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put in a 3.33 / 3.42 / 3.55 from the factory! As one earlier post was entitled - "My Viper is a 5 speed" - as 6th gear is practically unusable.

Shocks - why cant Dodge put better shocks in a Viper? Motons / Penske seem to be able to get it right - why cant dodge?

My bet on the gearing is to fit CAFE and noise requirments. Personally, I use 6th all the time.

A shock upgrade would be pricey. That kind of stuff goes to the lowest bidder and I doubt Moton or Penske care much about being the stock shock of choice for Viper.

Sir Hiss RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
She likes the Vette better cause it's got multiple cup holders:omg:

Those photos are gross!

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont care want Danica thinks about the viper. I Love the viper and thats all that matters to me, and that's what should matter to all of you. You got the Viper because you love it , the same a corvette lover buys a vette . Id love to own a lambo too but cannot afford one. she admitted she is a lambo owner...and she favored the lambo....Makes sence to me. :D

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While it was a lame review - why doesnt Dodge address the two points that she (and just about every SRT owner) dislike about the Viper - 1) The gearing, 2) The Shocks.

My guess is that the 2008 Viper has enough improvements to satisfy most all buyers already for this year.
But it's also logical to expect to see those changed gears, another HP bump, adjustable suspension, and carbon fiber body panels to lighten the car on the upcoming ACR Viper.:2tu:

Let's just hope that this is SRT's plan as well. ;)

For right now I'm pleased that the Viper Coupe was quicker than the Lambo LP640 all the way up to 140MPH!, which corresponds to 99.9% of public driving requirements in this area.:cool:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Pretty bad interview. Clearly, this young lady doesn't have a good grasp of how cars work.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that she is simply out of her element. The magazine's assumption is that a race car driver in one class, also knows how to compare high performance production cars.
Clearly she knows little about the specifics of each of these cars. The cars that she races have little in common with production cars, and I'm willing to bet that she doesn't race her Gallardo at all.

So the combination here of limited experience with driving these cars and the high speed test itself make for a poor comparison.

For me, I could NOT care less that one car accelerates faster than another coming off of a banked corner at 150MPH, as it has no bearing on my life or what I value in a performance car. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting to read the upcoming racetrack test that compare Europe's best high performance cars against the '08 Viper. So far it seems that the stock Viper beats the LP640, and it's likely just as quick or perhaps faster than the equally expensive Ferrari 599 and SLR 722 around a track. Let alone the Gallardo, F430, 997TT, and their convertible versions. :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that she is simply out of her element. The magazine's assumption is that a race car driver in one class, also knows how to compare high performance production cars.
Clearly she knows little about the specifics of each of these cars. The cars that she races have little in common with production cars, and I'm willing to bet that she doesn't race her Gallardo at all.

So the combination here of limited experience with driving these cars and the high speed test itself make for a poor comparison.

For me, I could NOT care less that one car accelerates faster than another coming off of a banked corner at 150MPH, as it has no bearing on my life or what I value in a performance car. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting to read the upcoming racetrack test that compare Europe's best high performance cars against the '08 Viper. So far it seems that the stock Viper beats the LP640, and it's likely just as quick or perhaps faster than the equally expensive Ferrari 599 and SLR 722 around a track. Let alone the Gallardo, F430, 997TT, and their convertible versions. :D
I'd put the Viper, Z06 and FGT up against ANY EurotrashMobile. But of course we'd still lose because our buttons look plastic and their exhaust smell like pretty flowers. Oh yeah and "finess". Whatever that means. :rolleyes:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice move today at Chicago Danica. I can't wait to hear her excuse for spinning out entering the pits.

"um, the car kinda, um y'know it um seemed like it didn't wanna grab, um uh I felt something chattering, uh um like something wasn't uh right um."

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how the car wouldn't re-start, what with all that bangin' on the steering wheel and all. I thought for sure that was the preferred method. :drive: :lmao:

~Craig

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21