Date with ACR

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you really fell comfortable taking your girl to the movies and parking your ACR in the parking lot for 2-3 hours at night? I just cant do it unless I park in another non busy parking lot a long ways away. Pretty impressive walking your date a half mile to the theater. I we can talk any viper for that matter.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most people park their cars, leave them and have no problems. quite a few people have parked their cars, left them and have had problems ranging from paint being keyed to having windows broken out.

i think clint eastwood said it best in one of his Dirty Harry movies - "do you feel lucky?"

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No

My wife and I skipped a movie once because I saw some kids in the parking lot with skateboards. I knew I wouldn't be able to sit in the theater without thinking they were out there doing board tricks off my fender.

I hate to leave it in public parking where I can't see it for too long. Maybe that feeling will wear off. But not yet.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't do it, take another car. Even if nothing happens, you don't want anything like that on your mind ruining the fun you should be having with your girl. Just my opinion.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I have been out in ours to a couple of movies and left it in the parking lot. We carefully select the theater (location) and do not park unless there is ample room - we usually wind up with a pretty good walk or I drop her off and let her buy the tickets while I park & hike. She likes waiting by the door to be picked up curbside in an ACR. (Hey, we all love the attention!). There are theaters around here that have roving security (local off-duty Police in their marked cars) and some have Valet parking. Valet has it's advantages for liability transfer & usually a much more secure lot.

None the less it's always a gamble. Leaving it parked in your driveway after a wash or something and a kid on a run-away bike or skateboard can easily come into contact with your ACR. A gust of wind can snap a tree branch, a block of blue ice, etc.

I think so long as you asses your risk and reduce it as much as possible then you are doing all you can. Sometimes in life you are just a victim of circumstance. JMO

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a problem leaving my Z06 in the parking lot, of course I park way out and walk.

Won't leave the ACR at night in any parking lot unless I can see it.

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had this problem this weekend, my wife insisted I take the Viper, I drove 20 miles out of the way to go to a theater with Valet parking. She was Happy, I was happier later...;)

I would have to park it way out in the boonies at a regular theater, I wouldn't be so much worried about theft, if it is stolen, it's insured. I am more worried about looking stupid with a big ass chip in the paint because some fat ass ***** in her excursion slams her door into your car. :crazy2:

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take an ACR to the movies --- NFW!

Quick story - When I was 18 (30 years ago) I had a date to the movies and didn't want to take my 73 Trans Am for fear something would happen to it in the parking lot. I asked my Dad to borrow his pristine 67 Mercury Cougar that he had just restored. And guess what--- IT GOT STOLEN. I have not lived that down to this day.

My advice, buy a ****** or get married and stay home at night.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't. :nono: I don't park anywhere with the Viper unless I am with other Vipers on a cruise. Yeah. I know it is a car, but I don't want to have anything repaired because of someone else's carelessness and/or jealousy. If my wife and I go out to a restaurant or to the beach, it is usually out east in the boondocks.
A place that is not too busy and has plenty of parking space.
Before I was married, I would go out with a date in the ****** car and then go for a cruise in the nice car afterwards.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those of you that say "it's just a car" come from a different perspective than those of us that won't "let it out of our sight". Not wrong mind you.... just different. I feel the level of passion most true automobilists have puts us in the 2nd group. It goes beyond "the car" and well into the passion that goes along with it, from the pursuit to own, to the care of it, to the experience of driving it.

Yes, they are cars. So before you blast me for this post, just understand that these points of view are niether right nor wrong, simply different.

Being in the 2nd group myself, I totally agree with the original post. I never go out in public (resturant etc.) if I can't park where I can see the car from the table or wherever I'll be seated.

It is about the passion of cars for me....pure and simple.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a car.

I am ONE person on this planet that completely disagrees with that way of thinking. People that feel that way to me are the same ones that let their kids crawl all over the car, people sit on the fenders. park anywhere they can squeeze it into a parking spot, don't worry about the front bumping against a parking curb or the car in front of yours, don't worry about washing the love bugs off the front or if its dirty when your go somewheres in it, I could go on and and....its just a car...something just to go fromn point A to point B...It don't need Mobil 1 oil, just give me the cheapest oil you have, oil is oil,....etc etc...

I have had beautiful show cars, hot rods, keyed, had one someone poured a gallon of paint on it from front to rear, eggs thrown on them , globs of nasty spit on them, one was bricked from front to rear, windows broke out, one was shot at , valve stems cut,beer poured on them......There are some sorry sorry people out there and in my brain if I had caught any off those that did those things to my cars...I would have tried my best to put them out of their misery and sent them to their maker. I take messing with my personal belongings VERY serious and I have NEVER messed with other peoples belongings that I didn't like. If they arn't man enough to come up to your face and go behind your back and mess with your pride and joy they are a COWARD and I have NO pity for their sorry butt once they cross that line... I apologize for speaking my real feelings about this subject. I really am a nice guy EXCEPT when a piece of garbage crosses that line. You are probly thinking...A car is not worth taking a life....In my brain when someone stoops that low I forget they are a human being. Maybe after 24 months in the jungle in Vietnam in the Marines has destroyed my being able to be compassionate for this kind of low life. I might be the most hated man on this website after this but I want everyone to know that if they have the thought its just a car.......They better hope they NEVER run into someone else that may feel about their CAR like I do. YES I AM CAR CRAZY!! :nono::censored::buttkick::firedev::no1::no1::dig::panic::nunu:

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those of you that say "it's just a car" come from a different perspective than those of us that won't "let it out of our sight". Not wrong mind you.... just different. I feel the level of passion most true automobilists have puts us in the 2nd group. It goes beyond "the car" and well into the passion that goes along with it, from the pursuit to own, to the care of it, to the experience of driving it.

Yes, they are cars. So before you blast me for this post, just understand that these points of view are niether right nor wrong, simply different.

Being in the 2nd group myself, I totally agree with the original post. I never go out in public (resturant etc.) if I can't park where I can see the car from the table or wherever I'll be seated.

It is about the passion of cars for me....pure and simple.

No Blasts from over here. You are right different prospective from different people. I am a car lover also, but I have a stable of them I never use because of fear something would happen to them. A later model Viper can be replaced but I can still see the attachment you have to yours and others the same.

That's why I drove mine 20 miles to a place with Valet, A regular theater.....I say I would, don't know if I could.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take mine to the movies, to work, to work out, to dinner. You name it, I've probably taken it there. I have 2 other "nice cars" at my disposal, and a ****** if I really need it, but I just enjoy driving my car, and seeing other people's faces when they see it as well. I hate to think that my Viper has enough power to prevent me from enjoying myself.

Now with my motorcycle, I'm a little more careful, because my insurance doesn't cover my mods, and all it takes is 2 people to toss it in a truck/van to drive off with it. Before I modded it though, I took it to school, movies, etc. all the time.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ONE person on this planet that completely disagrees with that way of thinking. People that feel that way to me are the same ones that let their kids crawl all over the car, people sit on the fenders. park anywhere they can squeeze it into a parking spot, don't worry about the front bumping against a parking curb or the car in front of yours, don't worry about washing the love bugs off the front or if its dirty when your go somewheres in it, I could go on and and....its just a car...something just to go fromn point A to point B...It don't need Mobil 1 oil, just give me the cheapest oil you have, oil is oil,....etc etc...

I have had beautiful show cars, hot rods, keyed, had one someone poured a gallon of paint on it from front to rear, eggs thrown on them , globs of nasty spit on them, one was bricked from front to rear, windows broke out, one was shot at , valve stems cut,beer poured on them......There are some sorry sorry people out there and in my brain if I had caught any off those that did those things to my cars...I would have tried my best to put them out of their misery and sent them to their maker. I take messing with my personal belongings VERY serious and I have NEVER messed with other peoples belongings that I didn't like. If they arn't man enough to come up to your face and go behind your back and mess with your pride and joy they are a COWARD and I have NO pity for their sorry butt once they cross that line... I apologize for speaking my real feelings about this subject. I really am a nice guy EXCEPT when a piece of garbage crosses that line. You are probly thinking...A car is not worth taking a life....In my brain when someone stoops that low I forget they are a human being. Maybe after 24 months in the jungle in Vietnam in the Marines has destroyed my being able to be compassionate for this kind of low life. I might be the most hated man on this website after this but I want everyone to know that if they have the thought its just a car.......They better hope they NEVER run into someone else that may feel about their CAR like I do. YES I AM CAR CRAZY!! :nono::censored::buttkick::firedev::no1::no1::dig::panic::nunu:

That IS passion! I like to think I treat others property better than my own, as you said but not all others hold to that philosophy. I assume your protectiveness extends to your home, your other property, your family and relatives... Do you hire out? :rambo:

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spend so much time trying to keep my cars perfect that I couldn't imagine leaving them somewhere that could potentially bring them harm from people who don't care (or those who care to bring harm on purpose). I do take them for short trips to odd places, but I always park far away. Even still, I come back in a few minutes and find cars parked around them almost every time.

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I'm not careless with my Viper I also don't let overprotective feelings hinder my fun. I drive it everywhere and park it wisely. Either in view or in an end spot or next to a handicapped spot. Handicapped spots are always up front and extra wide and since most owners of handicapped placards aren't really handicapped there are no worries of any walk-assisting devices banging against my car.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never taken a Viper to the movie theater before and probably never will. I don't think I would be able to concentrate. Its just too long of a period of time to leave it and your bound to have someone walk by it with a jealous and destructive mind.

We take the family Viper instead - (the Jeep SRT-8). Although, the drive-in theater might be alright for the Viper. :)

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roy, you are all over the place with your story. You of all people should value life. You are going to threaten or take someone's life over a car? Sad. Despite everything, it's only a car that can be replaced.

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the club cars are parked and everyone is sitting having a good time.
I go out and check the cars SICK.:shark: DO NOT TOUCH.. VIPER

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have on my times taken my ACR to home depot to get bricks, tubing, tools ect.

I've also taken it to *gasp* Wal-mart *gasp* to buy oil, oil filter and spark plugs.

It's a car....

You have insurance, your covered.

BTW, that ACR is forsale...I need a race car.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine owning a Ferrari and taking that to the movies.

The ACR draws a lot of attention, you just hope it all good.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take my car a lot of places and leave it unattended (I do try to never be more than an hour or so), usually even with the top off and windows out :omg: Yes, its been vandalized before (keyed once, nose emblem ripped off once) but for as much as I drive it (10k/yr), I consider myself lucky. I have insurance for a reason. If I'm eating, I will take it but always try to sit by a window where I can see the car. I am always cautious about WHERE I park it. Would I leave it parked in downtown Atlanta overnight? No. Will I take it to FL and leave it parked ******* and windowless while I go to the beach for a couple hours? Yep, done it many times. I do fully agree with Roy. Nothing wrong with taking a life over a car. If someone wants to be a thugg and mess with someone's car, they better be ready for the consequences if the owner comes out. I have no tolerance for criminals and have said it more than once, vigilante justice is the only justice we have left anymore. Even if the cops arrest the person, the courts are gonna set them free with an apology if the handcuffs were too tight. I love my car dearly and better never catch anyone vandalizing it, but I'm not gonna let it decide how I go about my life.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got one wound in 90,000 miles of daily driving Vipers. Key mark on roof from Harrah's self parking garage in Las Vegas. I've done well. So far....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32