Day to day Paxton SC upkeep?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I've searched and read most of the paxton sc threads on here. My question is on normal maint/upkeep. Are there things to keep an eye on when checking under the hood in regards to the sc?. I check my engine oil and whatnot before and after every drive, but don't know alot about the blower. I'm sure I'll be able to talk to someone with the same setup next month at the roundup but thought I'd ask here. Blower was installed by DC performance in 06, and from what I gather, is a fairly cookie cutter setup with 669 rwhp. Seems they installed a bigger intercooler and pump last year also so thats a good thing.

Thanks

Reaction score
Since the blower uses engine oil this is no extra maintenance. There is a small oil filter on the inlet oil line of the S/C that should be checked every couple of oil changes and cleaned out. You will need to use care in doing this though as it is a two piece brass fitting that can crack if you do not support it properly when loosening and tightening it.

You will need 12 quarts of oil as you probably know, check the belt for wear but you have to have some real miles on this or be slipping to notice anything but normal wear. Make sure you check the intercooler tank for fluid level each time you take it out. This will loose liquid from evaporation and heat so it is important to the efficiency of the system to keep t full, check it with the key on for level and the pump running.

Periodically check hose connections and clamps, same goes for the ground wires near the fuel booster pumps. This is critical for the pumps to work properly, along with any potential vacuum leaks that would affect the pumps reaction also.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,
What type of hp/tq are you seeing on stock GEN2 with stock paxton kit?