DC Performance dyno numbers....

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll I picked up my car today and couldn't be happier. I cant spend big money until after my wedding so all I had done was The Comp Coupe exhaust, Dyno tune, and a 170 degree thermostat. My car felt very weak NEW. The car was pulling timing at 5k and it was loosing power. The numbers stock were 423.89 RWHP and 439.11 RWTQ. I picked the car up and it felt WAAYY stronger. The new numbers are 461.22 RWHP and 480.15 RWTQ. This is how I expected the car to feel stock. 3:55's are going in tomorrow so I'm expecting even more acceleration. I'm very happy. I just wanted to say thank you to Dan. The guy is a class act and very professional. He diod a walk around the car to make sure there were no scratches before they took delivery, always returned my, and did a great job. Next may comes the blower and sick power. :2tu:

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So Comp Coupe exhaust, Dyno tune, and a 170 degree thermostat gave you around 40 gain in HP and torque? did you do anything else...

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car was 20-25 HP low on power stock, wonder what those mods would do to a car that dynoed 449 stock?

Are most getting 445-449 stock? All of my SRT's over the last 3 years have been 425-435 stock. That's 6 cars in that range. Thanks, A.J.

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you'll love the gear. I have the same list of mods + 3.55 gear and K&N system. Huge difference over stock. With blower most of the reports I have read have said to use stock gear or closer to stock than 3.55s.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Comp Coupe exhaust, Dyno tune, and a 170 degree thermostat gave you around 40 gain in HP and torque? did you do anything else...

Nothing else than listed. I wanted ther filters too but Dan didn't have them in stock.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does the dyno tune entail? Did you do the PCM reflash?

I'm not really sure but I do think its a flash. They were able to tone down the knock sensors. From what I was told it was on the dyno.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I've got the K & N Filter charger set up that I used for only a few thousand miles before the Paxton. I'll let it go cheap if you'd like (not sure what they're selling for now - let me know).

Dan

PS Last day for Crystal Cove is this Saturday morning, then it's over to Fashion Island. A bunch of Vipers will be at Crystal Cove, leaving form breakfast at 8. Let me know if you might make it.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A thermostat do not control the maximum temperature but the minimum and 170* is way too cold for good engine health.

What regulate the maximum temperature of a cooling system is the BTU's (British Thermal Unit) capacity of such system, putting a 150*, 170* or 210* rated thermostat is not going to change this fact and do nothing for horsepower.

You want your oil to be above 212* to boil out moisture,combustion by-products, etc and it is the main reason, beside pollution control, that manufacturers use a 210*/220* rated thermostat.
Not doing so result in sludge and shortened engine life

luc 00GTS

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, I'll be there at 7:00 a.m. I'll talk to you about the filter then. What time are you getting there?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

If it rains, and it is supposed to, we'll likely be there just before 8AM.

If no rain, we'll be there at 7AM.

Breakfast is at the Beachcomber at about 8:15 AM, just north of CC, off of PCH at Los Trancos. Parking is west of PCH. Walk or tram under PCH to the Beachcomber. Should be a few Viper owners there, depending on the weather.

Dan

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '04 did 445 rear wheel HP/476 rear wheel TQ stock, paper air filters and everything, at 1200 miles on the clock.

I assume that different dynos on different days plays a role too. I was told DC's dyno is conservative, but ehn again I've heard that about other dynos too.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first dyno at 443rwhp and 465 rwt after DC 450 hp and 480 t. runs better. I had corsa and K&N running 3:73 gears on both runs. You got to trust those guys at DC Performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave