Dealers can dream too!

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not enough alcohol out there for me to pay that. I just wonder what their reasoning is for the price of that car. They appear to be a dealership and one would think they certainly research what cars are worth prior to pricing them. I'm tempted to call them.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called them yesterday about this. They said it was a misprint and the price is supposed to say $25,000 (that's about right for a Gen1 without a hard top), not $125,000.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH............. just kidding!!! But it is about $100,000 over priced.
Hell, might as well ask $225,000 for it :dunno: because if someone is dumb enough not to research Viper values, they might get an extra $200,000 instead of just the extra $100,000 for it they are asking.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should all start charging that for our vipers and quit selling them so cheap.

OP
OP
E

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Believe it or not they have been renewing this ad every second day for the last three weeks!

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a rare car, less than 200 made. All the upgrades of the 96 GTS but the Gen 1 engine. I had one like that for 8 years. Nice car.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The miles are nice , but the car is simply not that rare. As noted, a Gen 1 motor, and no windows, so maybe it would pull 40K to a collector. A 97 Blue/White RT10, that they barely did 50 of ,won't even come close to this number and it is likely the most desirable RT10 ever built.

Last edited:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I called. The car is owned by the dealership owner. He says it was rarely driven, in new condition, which I don't doubt. He is convinced that the car is absolutely worth $125k just based on its new condition. We spoke for a few minutes. While I was polite, I did tell him that it was very unlikely he would ever find anyone that would even remotely consider paying such a price for the car. I honestly did think that the price listed was just a misprint. He said he really doesn't want to sell it anyway and was asking a "pie in the sky" price. I said I believe his not selling the car will indeed be accomplished. I wished him luck. It is a very nice car though.

Last edited:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I talked to a dealer a year ago who was the original owner of a 92 and was convinced it was worth $100,000. As far as I know he is still convinced of that.

The one here might be worth $125,000 if it has about 8 Rolex SS Daytonas in the glove compartment.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I will be a differing voice...good for that dealer. I would rather hear stories of people trying to get more for their car than unloading beautiful gen 1's for 20k and gen 2 rt10s for 28k and gen 2 GTS for 30k. I seriously would bet my house that in a few years, those still on these forums, will be reading "new posters" ask if 50k is a good price for a GTS with 20K miles....the answer will be yes. You can get used shelby GT 500's now for 35k and that is not even close to the performance, rarity or beauty of a gen 2 viper.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I will be a differing voice...good for that dealer. I would rather hear stories of people trying to get more for their car than unloading beautiful gen 1's for 20k and gen 2 rt10s for 28k and gen 2 GTS for 30k. I seriously would bet my house that in a few years, those still on these forums, will be reading "new posters" ask if 50k is a good price for a GTS with 20K miles....the answer will be yes. You can get used shelby GT 500's now for 35k and that is not even close to the performance, rarity or beauty of a gen 2 viper.
It's true the prices of cars do fluctuate with interest and availability. Yes, we would all like to see the value of the Viper remain high. Not only for sentimental but of course for practical value. However, wanting an extreme amount for a car that is clearly out of the market reality won't make that happen. There is nothing this guy can do to make this particular Viper worth $125k in this day and market.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya...I wasn't literally meaning good for that dealer selling for 125k. Merely just tired of seeing the depressing stories about viper values. They won't be this low for long...

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or there is the opposite extreme...

2004 Dodge Viper 2 DR Convertible SRT10

Let me know who buys this before the end of the day. Too bad my garage is full. :crazy2:

Other than the serious (but hard to see in the photo) body damage from a likely spin, that's a good price...

I don't know, that's the "good" pic.:dunno:

You must be registered for see images

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We should all start charging that for our vipers and quit selling them so cheap.

Hmm...before anyone shells out $125k for that '96 Viper they should call me. I know of a '99 Viper that's never been driven in the rain, is in great condition, has a new set of PS2 tires and the owner just might be persuaded to let it go for that same price. I think the price could also include delivery. ;)