Decisions Decisions- Which 08

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have finally got everything in order to purchase my replacement viper. I totaled my silver 99 GTS ACR in October.
The 99 was a supercharged beast making 640 hp and 630 tq at the rear wheels. I loved it but would like something more refined
this time around.

I have been searching for the last few months and have found 2- 08 SRT10 Coupes that I really like and fit my budget. The trouble is I
can't decide between the 2 and would like some input on what you guys think.

One if not both owners are members here and have been very helpful in my search. I certainly don't want to offend either one by putting
this up on the board and hope I have all the details correct.
The cars are very close in price.

Viper 1
Black with Silver Stripes
11,600 miles
Original Owner
Belanger Headers, Exhaust, and Hi flo cats
Mopar ECU
Short throw shifter
Near Perfect condition, no scrapes, bodywork, accidents
K & N Filters
Factory Nav

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper #2
Viper Blue with Silver Stripes
21000 miles
2nd owner (bought form Woodhouse)
Near perfect with no scratches, accidents, bodywork
New Nitto Tires
Moton Suspension (would like to lower car,so nice)
Corsa Exhaust
Can drive car home

I think both cars are beautiful. I have never seen the blue in person, but it certainly has caught my eye. I also love a shiny black car and don't mind keeping it clean.
Please let me know what you think!

Thanks

Attachments

• black & silver 08 2coupe.jpg
    black & silver 08 2coupe.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12
  • black & silver 08 4coupe.jpg
    black & silver 08 4coupe.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 13
  • black & silver 08 coupe.jpg
    black & silver 08 coupe.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 14
  • black & silver 08 1coupe.jpg
    black & silver 08 1coupe.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Blue & Silver 08 .jpg
    Blue & Silver 08 .jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 18

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black one seems I have a lot of goodies so if they are fairly close in price and you like the mods already done I say go for the black car.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the first pic of the blue car a different car? Just wondering since the hood doesn't match...

If it were me, I'd take the first one, provided the asking price is within your limits. Both have some nice mods.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the first pic of the blue car a different car? Just wondering since the hood doesn't match...

If it were me, I'd take the first one, provided the asking price is within your limits. Both have some nice mods.

Yes, I put up a pic of the wrong car- sorry bout that.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black one is modded and has 10k fewer miles. What is there to think about?

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a tough decision I like the blue colour the best , but I prefer the lower miles and 1 owner because you don't know how it's been driven.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your asking for opinions, but go with your gut. I really don't think you can mess up going with either one. Personally I would be all over the blue/silver.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im confused on the blue car. Is it an '06 or an '08? Either way, both cars are nice, but GTS Blue/Silver looks amazing in person.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figure out which color YOU like the best. Condition of both seem to be the same and the 10k mileage difference isn't that big of a deal if you plan on driving the car. The mods can be added later on down the road.

blu byu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm partial to Blue w/silver. Once you see the color on a nice sunny day, you'll never regret it!

Agreed.....The metal flake/pearl in GTS Blue adds a depth you'll love in person. Creates a light/dark contrast about curved areas, especially in the sun.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW From a cosmetic standpoint...I have a love/hate relationship with my black sided ACR...every scratch shows so it's a constant battle to keep the swirls in check. A lot more effort required than blue.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a similar dilemma when I bought mine. A B/W '06 coupe with 22k miles or a 7k mile mildly modded black vert. I'm a sucker for the blue coupes, but have a history with black cars. It was a tough decision (want both!), but in the end I went with what my gut told me.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black one seems I have a lot of goodies so if they are fairly close in price and you like the mods already done I say go for the black car.
I kinda agree with Bob (black one because of the goodies & also almost 10k less miles BUT for Looks I got to go with the B/W) In the end, you shouldn't care what none of us think, YOU'RE the one that's gonna have to live with it (but, either way I think you're gonna be OK). jmo

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Difficult decision. Looks wise I like the blue silver combo better, so iconic on the viper. But if priced equally the black one seems to be the no brainier. If it's the same to you the black one should be the easy choice.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough one. That blue is sweet, and the motons on there is a great deal.

I've done 3 black vipers and exhaust is important to me, so I'd personally do the black it's got about all the power mods you can easily do and reliable with them. One owner and only 10k mis, yep that would be mine.

But you can't go wrong, both are very nice examples of well chosen mods and great color combos.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You everyone for your preferences and input. I will be making a decision in the next day or two and will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth