DELETE DELETE DELETE

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats with all this deleting? i cannot get a simple legit question answered? just goes to show you some people shoul dnot have any authority cause it'll only be abused. if this is how a VCA member is treated...

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's just trolling for a banning by calling people names. He's a "bannee-wannabe". He wants to pretend to be part of the "in" crowd.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thread-jacking with commercial advertising?

Woah! Now that rates as an unexcusable offense!

wink.gif

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MR Houss:

Since you are waiting for a question,can I politely ask you why so many threads (Laura for example) are deleted and why my E-mail to the moderators on the same subject,has not been answered?

Thanks you.

Luc. (VCA member)
00GTS
03 SRT

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sure Luc,

We are addressing the issues now, and as I have learned, Laura's post was impulsively deleted NOT for her very respected comments and observations, but for some of the further posts that had occurred after her initial request for comment.

Laura has been notified, and her post was placed back where it belongs... for all to see and respond to. Thank you Laura, we all appreciate your comments, suggestions, and great stories (UPS :LOL
smile.gif

As much as it seems that we have full time moderators, I am quite sure that all have many other responsibilities, and my hope would be that they would, in fact, answer the e-mail when they have a fee moment.

I would appreciate you understanding, and all others, that this has been a learning curve, as has occurred many times from the infancy of this website to the present version, and that changes are being made, and a new description of website protocol, including a more defined set of rules, a clearer moderation policy, and even a few words on acceptable signatures, etc are being prepared for everyone to see.

Yes, it took longer than originally expected, and it might take a few weeks to work out the bugs...but it will happen, and I would be glad to hear all your comments (both negative, and hopefully positive) as you experience the new plan. We will have an area where you can express your opinions publicly, but you're always welcome to e-mail privately as well.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and by the way, please call me Joe (kind of scares me to think that I'm old enough to be called "Mr Houss")

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahh, mikey pierce, i forgive your statements, as you do not know me from adam. i dont troll for anyone or anything and the last thing i want is a banned stat as i find much valuable info on all the boards i use. but like anyone, i too can get pissd off. my one question was answered; regarding dues and their application, my second question was; vendors using either boards? are they participating on both for benefit of both? and mikey, i have never strived to be part of any "crowd" i do what i want as i want when i want. to illustrate a point, it was a stretch for me to finally join the VCA this year when i bought my viper in 1999, that shows you how much i want to be in the "in crowd". nice attempt at an assumption but wrong.
oh, and on a final note, J Houss, thnk you for a response.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and that part about calling everyone "limp-wristed *****" was your polite way of asking for information?

by the way, this is the RT10/GTS General Discussions section; not "i want to know what advertisers on this site think about other sites" forum.

glad you got your answer.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Pierce:
He's just trolling for a banning by calling people names. He's a "bannee-wannabe". He wants to pretend to be part of the "in" crowd. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

----That's ALMOST as bad as PRETENDING to own a Viper.----

Since back @ Jan 1998 VCA president's meeting I made the motion to adopt/create/operate this site, and I became one of its 1st paid advertisors, I feel I have a vested interest.

My opinion is short:

1)Delete ******/abusive/obnoxious posts. Or SERIOUS policy violators.
2)Move non-Viper or Waaaay-off-topic posts. Say why, as Chris/Tony do.
3)When in doubt, DON'T CENSOR or DELETE. No one will be offended
if you are more lenient than you are more obnoxious.
4) 3-strikes and you are OUT. But it should take 3+ VCA OFFICERS to agree to ban a VCA MEMBER, not just the whim of unknown power-trippers with too much time on their hands.

THAT SAID: Demanding an answer from Dodge here, on a VCA club site, is unwise and virtually guaranteed to go unanswered. Asking a question of the VCA here should dang-well get answered, as Joe Housshas always done with tact and authority, unlike most others

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

thanks for the answer but they are still a lot of threads,including another one from Laura asking why her post/thread was deleted,as well than 1 of mine asking the same question,still MIA.

Why don't you,(the VCA ) put them back on and let the "readers" decide for themselves if they were in bad taste,personal attacks or simply critical of some of the VCA ways of doing business?

Since you took the time to answer my question, I will give you the benefit of the doubt as to the reach and effectiveness of the soon-to-be changes but,frankly if the VCA Moderators do not show more respect for the opinions (especially the ones they don't agree with)of the members and non-members,the VCA will loose me.

Luc

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, i think no matter what is said, it appears ive acted harshly by the standards of some and i obviously will not change those individuals' opinions nor will i attempt to do so. were my words a bit out of line? perhaps, then again, thats my personality and my spontaneous temper, always had it always will. its gotten me into occasional trouble and hot water and will quite apparently continue to do so. im simply moving on and going to continue browsing topics as thats the main reason im here; to gain info, period.

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, kevin, the double bubble, do you like the lok of it better than the regular hardtop? its not too high/rounded? Ive not seen one in person just the site and im not sure about em looking as aesthetic as the regular hardtop