Diamond Rio at VOI

JWALK35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering how many other people enjoyed Diamond Rio at the banquet. I have listen to them for years. My wife and I were pleasantly suprised that dodge arrange them as the entertainment.We had a great time.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd never heard of Diamond Rio and too was expecting someone more famous as the entertainment. Many of us were somewhat disappointed.

OP
OP
J

JWALK35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like lots of different music. Country to hard rock. So I would have enjoyed either. I think they went with country since we were in nashville, the heart of country music. If VOI8 is in vegas or california you won't hear country.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
Jason, I think what we did was more fun then a concert anyway...although I would have definitely stayed for Aerosmith. Ive seen them at Madison Square Garden a few times and they put on a great show.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did have a lot more fun than the concert. Well.... someone of us did
wink.gif

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Jim I liked the show. My wife bought the cd and we listened to it on the way home. Good traveling music. I see you and Tom Glenn tied in the Eastern Region. You going to the finals?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aerosmith thought our group was beneath them. And since it was not a condition of their contract they had no obligation to perform for us.

OP
OP
J

JWALK35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Shapiro:
Big Jim I liked the show. My wife bought the cd and we listened to it on the way home. Good traveling music. I see you and Tom Glenn tied in the Eastern Region. You going to the finals?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hows it going tom ? I wanted that 1st place trophy to myself but I guess i'll have to share. Yes I'm heading to Texas next week.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that someone has already mentioned this but was Diamond Rio chosen because they put a Viper in their current hit video ("Beautiful Mess")?

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lasted about 5 minutes into their show. Being from NY I had never even heard of them. I was hoping for Aerosmith.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I schmoozed into a media banquet at SEMA in the big ballroom, and the place was simply pounding with "fashion show" "house" music.

The place was jumpin' and they had lights goin' too!

I would have enjoyed that a lot more.

I would tend to think that Viper owners would be "way out there" and hence would get comperable music.

Of course Nashville has a say in the style I suppose.

Of course, I would have booked Ricky Skaggs and burned the house down!

ViperRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think the majority of Viper owners are real country western fans. I would have rather had an old rock and roll group, I was hoping for the Rolling Stones or at least BB King but two nights of country was a bit too much. Especially the group at the Wildhorse when he said that we had a bunch of Corvette people in the room and then said I'm sorry I meant Edsel. That turned a lot of people off. Talk about a bunch of guys than had zero marketing skills.

OP
OP
J

JWALK35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is such a large ,diverse club with an age range from 20 to 70. People from washington to florida,different cultures and occupations. I guess it's going to be hard to entertain everyone.I'm a little dissappointed to hear the aerosmith thinks the hottest car club(and actually drive the s*@t out of our cars) on the planet is beneath then.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Politics, Religion, Music........

To each his own.

My wife was helping give Children's Hospital kids rides(Our 10th year) at PIR with other VCA members that did not attend VOI. (Helped raise $20,000!) She LOVES Diamond Rio, and I was the goofball holding up the cell-phone to let her listen in. Then, the lead singer sent her a guitar pick (apparently) when Pamela Neikamp saw and heard why Brenda was not there, listening by cell! Class act, both.

As for talent: The 'band' at the Wild Horse (?) Saloon was best when that good lookin'- good sounding curvey blonde singer in the white top from the MO VCA was on stage; and the "Johnny B Good" singer was a VCA member too!

JonnyB (good)

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there.Who's that?Diamond who?Lets get out of here and go look at viper parts and mods.I think the room was 1/2 empty before the 1/2 way point of their first song. Bruce

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I looked in after about 20 minutes into the show, and I would be lying if I said anymore than 1/4 of the people were left. I appreciate Dodge, and everything they did for us Viper owners. But, why change a winning combo? Have the funny PVO guy(Tom) give his speech, and then bring out a hilarious comedian like they did at VOI6. That was something that almost EVERYBODY seemed to enjoy, not just a quarter to an 1/8th of the people there.

At least Slicker Billy, or whatever their name was did have a little interaction with the crowd. Diamond Rio seemed like this was a gig they were doing to make some quick cash, and to get the *hey-hooty out. I mean, they didn't even say so much as, "Hi, I hope yurins' are havin' good time tanight!" or anything.
laugh.gif

My two cents.

*I gotta watch my language around the board lords, or you know what might happen.

91ZR1#661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Diamond Rio is a good band.But I think
a Viper convention needs a band with attitude
like say Metallica.
95yellovett(Z07)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...A Corvette owning accountant from Alabama ( Don't like country? ) drags up a thread from over a month ago, and espouses Metallica as the correct answer? Too far to the other end of the spectrum...Aerosmith would have been in the perfect range.