Diamondback hood for the 92-02 Viper is finally available...

V

venms96

"I believe that my hood is more at fault for the larger gap on the driver side of Lauri's car rather than the Autoform fascia"

"and I must say that Roger is really a man of honor"

Nuthin else needs to be said here. Nice to read and hear comments like this.

Cool hood, good man.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Group buy lol :) 20@ $4,000 ;) Nice chunk of change if you think about it that way! Now all we need is 19 more confirmed buyers :headbang:

Well... I'd planned on organizing a group buy through the VCA here at some point soon, but taking on 20 orders would scare me at this point, being that I don't have any employees and hand-build every hood personally. I just wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting forever since I'm sure that would take me quite a while to fulfill. What I was thinking of though.... was running an intorductory group purchase for 5 hoods at $5,000 each. Does that sound like something you all would be interested in???

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I believe that my hood is more at fault for the larger gap on the driver side of Lauri's car rather than the Autoform fascia"

"and I must say that Roger is really a man of honor"

Nuthin else needs to be said here. Nice to read and hear comments like this.

Cool hood, good man.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF

Thanks alot for the kind words. All I know is that we've all been on the short end of dishonest dealings before, myself included... the last thing I'd ever want is for a customer to ever consider me anything less than honest. I love designing and building these parts and take alot of pride in my work, but I'd much rather go broke with a clear concience than get rich quick by misleading people in any way.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you make it 4000 ill send you the cash today, can I be #2? after 1MEANSNAKE of course!

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you make it 4000 ill send you the cash today, can I be #2? after 1MEANSNAKE of course!

I honestly wish that I could offer the hood that cheap, but given the time involved and cost of materials to hand-lay the parts, $5,000 is really the lowest that I could ever see me being able to go on it. I did just post another thread regarding the possiblities of a group buy, so we'll see where it goes. Sorry that I can't cut you guys a better deal on it, I hope you understand.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump for 1 SICK hood. My deposit is in.. Just waiting for Roger to work his magic!!

I cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Roger
Hope everything is going well. I will be posting a photo of a S/C '01 Sapphire GTS with Roger's Diamond back hood with the Autoform Fascia and molded roof scoop soon. Are you still in order to ship my hood this week?

BTW Roger is great to work with and will be honest with you about everything

D

DAMN YANKEE

A quick question, I thought I saw that the hood liner completely covers the center louvers from underneath. Does the hood breath through the center louvers? Thanks.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick question, I thought I saw that the hood liner completely covers the center louvers from underneath. Does the hood breath through the center louvers? Thanks.
yes and you do not use the hood liner with this hood

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am guessing that I will need to cover the engine when washing the car?

Dansauto, Anton 28, could a hoodliner be modified to work or is it not needed as the hood is vented, Also, does the engine run at a diferent temp. or are there any other issues to deal with due to the venting? Any tricks to install that you might want to pass on?

TXViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy a diamondback hood from? I emailed USexotics and haven't got a reply back yet.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Give Roger (US Exotics) a call @ (717) 752-0170

I highly recommend Roger and his product. He is excellent to deal with!!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my car back from the body shop - where they installed the Diamondback hood and Autoform Lemans fascia. They were amazed at how simple the hood install was.
The fit and gap is similar to factory. As far as hood pad goes - my hood temperature remains cool to the touch due to all the venting. I am not using the Autoform splitter.
I'll post pics next week.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man, yah I think it's really going to set it off. I can't wait to get it, install and have it painted and striped :) ahhh less then 4 more months and i'll be back for good!

Yours looks amazing man,i'd love to see it in person! Hey how far do you live from Quantico Virginia? I'll be HOPEFULLY flying in and checking out at my Battalion around August 15th, if your close by we should meet up, eat some chow and have a beer, maybe take me for a ride in your viper ;) I'll be there from Aug 15-Sept 15th

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw treesnakes hood in person this weekend. It's absolutely gorgeous! With treesnakes permission, I will post the pics I took.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dark pic, but it shows the hood fit and looks with blue and white stripes.
Picture_003.jpg

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car was black with blue vinyl stripes - 96. The sills are off now while I prime and paint the insides. The pic is taken on the street in front of my house - and the oil spots
aren't from my car.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HP, that hood looks AWESOME! I still do a double-take every time I walk past mine, I'd love to see some more pics when you get it all back together. Very Nice, KV

Hey James, I think you'll be less than 2 hours away, I will ask my sister, her husband is a Air force JAG and she travels down there all the time. I think that would be great to meet up and go for a cruise...Take care and come home safe

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, these pics do not do this hood justice. It is very fine, and I must say this is one of the best looking Viper's I have ever seen!

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HP, that hood looks AWESOME! I still do a double-take every time I walk past mine, I'd love to see some more pics when you get it all back together. Very Nice, KV

Hey James, I think you'll be less than 2 hours away, I will ask my sister, her husband is a Air force JAG and she travels down there all the time. I think that would be great to meet up and go for a cruise...Take care and come home safe

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah take some better pictures people! i love the hood but everyoen always takes crappy pictures and you cant really tell what it looks like on the car

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hail: These Hoods look awesome! :2tu:

:naughty: Now... Can I justify the costs to get one shipped to the uk... :ponder:

(What can I sell!??? :ponder:)

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz! You're not helping me keep my feet on the ground here!
(I REALLY do fancy one of those hoods though!)