Diamondback hood for the 92-02 Viper is finally available...

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wahoo my hood will be done and crate for shipping on thursday!!!!!!

A Gen 1 hood? Hmm i'd say around 2500, i sold my Gen 2 hood for 4500 but the gen 2's go for a bit more $

I think you got lucky at $4500, good for you. Yes a Gen 1 in good shape will sell for about $2500, look for the stress cracks (can be fixed, but the hood is worth less with them) A gen 2 hood should sell for about $3500

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you got lucky at $4500, good for you. Yes a Gen 1 in good shape will sell for about $2500, look for the stress cracks (can be fixed, but the hood is worth less with them) A gen 2 hood should sell for about $3500

Hmmm... will have to give this some serious thought... still got to find another $2,500 then :( (Not to mention convincing the wife that that I need one... I know the response... :slap:)

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No quite a few guys who sold their hoods to afford the Diamondback got prices in the same range as I sold my hood for, we had an arguement because a few said, the hood aren't worth it while others sell them for 5K +, so like I told other sellers, stick to your guns when selling the hoods, WE the owners control the market. If everyone sells them for 5K, well guess what new ones are 15K so I can guarantee the guys who need a hood will pay that much. Mine sold in less then 2 weeks and the buyer came and picked it up. If you sell your Gen 2 hood for only 3500 then your nuts. I had about 6 offers for 3500 and turned them all down withing the first 4 days of listing the hood.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No quite a few guys who sold their hoods to afford the Diamondback got prices in the same range as I sold my hood for, we had an arguement because a few said, the hood aren't worth it while others sell them for 5K +, so like I told other sellers, stick to your guns when selling the hoods, WE the owners control the market. If everyone sells them for 5K, well guess what new ones are 15K so I can guarantee the guys who need a hood will pay that much. Mine sold in less then 2 weeks and the buyer came and picked it up. If you sell your Gen 2 hood for only 3500 then your nuts. I had about 6 offers for 3500 and turned them all down withing the first 4 days of listing the hood.

With that logic then a gen 1 should sell for $3500:rolleyes: ...I know of two gen1 hoods for $2000 with damage and $3000 perfect, and a good gen 2 for $4000 and I think I could chew him down on the gen 2. Maybe you got more for yours because you sold it with all the trim (grills and duct) I have no issue trying to get the most as these parts are getting rare, but keep the advice real. This little forum does not control the market, if you take the time to look you can find deals.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the advice real? I said he could get 2500 for a Gen 1 hood. A Gen 2 hood is worth a good bit more on the market. There are several of us who got in the 4500 range for our old Gen 2 hoods, so how can you say that I got lucky and their not worth that much. Distributors sell the hoods for 5-6K, like X2 Builders and people like that. If you put a perfect Gen 2 hood on the market and give it a little time, it will sell for 4500 bucks and thats a fact. A few tried to tell me my hood was only worth 3000-3500 while other said their worth 4500, i put mine for sale at 4800 and in less then 2 week sold it for 4500. It speaks for itself!

Little forum, heck I wouldn't say the VCA is a little forum, most people come here when they want to buy a Viper or their looking for parts, I.E hoods and such. If the hoods are 15K and the guys selling their old hood all keep the price high in the 4500 range then guess what, hoods will sell for 4500. YEs you will find a hood here or there if you look around for a few months, but it's people like that who sell a perfect gen 2 hood for 3K that bring the value down on them. If everyone sticks to their guns..guess what...they will keep their value. Please tell me how I am logically wrong?

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picture_009.jpg
My last crappy picture on file.... but just wait til next week.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few tried to tell me my hood was only worth 3000-3500 while other said their worth 4500, i put mine for sale at 4800 and in less then 2 week sold it for 4500. It speaks for itself!

My paint guy is giving me $5K for my Gen II hood when I swap it out for a Diamond Back. I don't see anything wrong with your logic. :clap:
- Tony

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm really happy that another Viper owner received a decent price for their hood!! They are worth good monies!!

I will also be receiving a Diamondback hood and therefore selling my 96 GTS hood. So, it looks like I will be in a good position to get a decent price.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really happy that another Viper owner received a decent price for their hood!! They are worth good monies!!

I will also be receiving a Diamondback hood and therefore selling my 96 GTS hood. So, it looks like I will be in a good position to get a decent price.

My painter does a lot of Viper work...sadly he's usually repairing the same Vipers every year. His biggest complaint is the cost of hoods both new and used. He just can't find them any cheaper than $5K-6K unless they're damaged and require more repair than they're worth. He hasn't seen the Diamond Back hood yet and is looking forward to working on it. I'll be placing my order very soon. Can't wait.

- Tony

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good HP, where are your side sills though lol?
Ahh I can;t wait to see how mine turns out!

I hesitated to post again until the sills were on, but my rear wing is due in soon so I'm thinking it's easier to clean the paint gun once.