Did all 2003 Certificate holders get their car ?????

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the '04 Vipers are rolling down the line, I was just curious if everyone got an '03 SRT that had a certificate....if not, do the certificates extend to the '04 model....how many '03 Viper SRTs were made ???..............

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the "standby-list" and got pulled to the Certificate List. I got my car 6/28. Based on people seeing hundreds still at the factory, I'd say Dodge built extras. I can't believe all the cert holders still don't have thier cars since 04's are rolling.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not here. We didn't hear a D@MN thing from dodge that our car was re-allocated and was not being built. They jsut went ahead and CANCELLED the order without telling anyone, even our dealer! He found out by calling and bugging dodge.

So instead of going through and purchasing our TWO SRT's (250K in revenues for DC) we cancelled it and will likely not buy a damn thing from them ever again. We are even chrysler FLEET MEMBERS and we get treated like this. Our family and family business have purchased approximately 50 vehicles NEW from Chrysler since the mid 80's including 2 Vipers and we get dicked around and spit on.

THANKS DC!!!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, I've heard you mention this before....I'm curious.. What do you mean when you say the cars were reallocated? When you say they cancelled, you mean DC? And the dealer had no knowledge of how that happened? And then you say "so instead of going through and purchasing... we cancelled" Do you mean instead of ordering again? I mean, how can you cancel if DC already did? If that's the case, getting cancelled and asked to reorder I would have done the same thing! Is there any wild chance this was a dealer game to give them to a higher bidder if you guys had a great deal? I doubt it, as a know your dad is a serious collector and probably had the dealer nailed down pretty good. But can you expound a little on how this went down so the rest of us can be wary, it sounds like the only deal I have heard like this, all the other troubles seem to have evolved from the car coming to the dealer and then the dealer getting greedy and trying to screw the cert holder. This is really unique in that the dealer seems to have been screwed too. Can you elaborate a little or as they say is this "in litigation" If it is an IM would be good.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, I've heard you mention this before....I'm curious.. What do you mean when you say the cars were reallocated? When you say they cancelled, you mean DC? And the dealer had no knowledge of how that happened? And then you say "so instead of going through and purchasing... we cancelled" Do you mean instead of ordering again? I mean, how can you cancel if DC already did? If that's the case, getting cancelled and asked to reorder I would have done the same thing! Is there any wild chance this was a dealer game to give them to a higher bidder if you guys had a great deal? I doubt it, as a know your dad is a serious collector and probably had the dealer nailed down pretty good. But can you expound a little on how this went down so the rest of us can be wary, it sounds like the only deal I have heard like this, all the other troubles seem to have evolved from the car coming to the dealer and then the dealer getting greedy and trying to screw the cert holder. This is really unique in that the dealer seems to have been screwed too. Can you elaborate a little or as they say is this "in litigation" If it is an IM would be good.

Thanks Lee,

I can post it all out in the open, the more people that read it the better.

Regarding our dealer selling it out from underneath it I would say that it just isn't possible for that to happen. We've been purchasing all our fleet (including the other Vipers in our family) since the early 90's and we're more friends with him than a customer. He not only gave us an awesome price (dealer invoice + $500) he even offered to give the same deal to anyone else that wanted it on a new SRT, he's more interested in Viper sales than making $$ off them.

As for our car getting cancelled, the dealer told us that 1 of our 2 SRT's appeared on his list of cars that were going into production. The car was on there for maybe a week and then disappeared. He was not notified of why this was happening. After much research on his part he was told taht the orders for 03 had been cancelled and were being re-allocated for 04's (Funny how I never heared about this happening to anyone else) and that we would be first in line for an 04. Well that would be great if we wanted an 04 but we wanted an 03 and we were pretty ticked that all this had happened without someone from Chrysler letting us know what was going on. So once our dealer told us that we were out of luck for an 03 he told us that we could get an 04 but at this point frustration was too highg and we just said forget it to both orders. By the time we'd get the car the snow would probably be close to flying and we would have paid for a car so it could sit there in the garage until may. How much fun is that?

The whole point of my dwelling on this isn't to get the cars built or anything lke that. The possibility for that is long gone. The $$ that was going to get used to purchase our 1 of the 2 SRT's will get used for something else. After getting ****** around it doesn't really inspire my dad to write DC a check for $115K

I just hope that people can read this and then know WHY it is that the CHRYSLER side of DC is losing in excess of a billion dollars, if you're treating the people who are spending the equivilant of 4 intrepids (and who need a new truck soon as well) like this it's easy to see why.

I think a lot of this problem can be attributed to that fact that a Viper to chrysler canada is pretty much nothing. There is no canadian Viper HQ just some idiot on the end of a phone with no training on the car or any ability to track down a problem and get back to you. If Chrysler Canada would just assign and train 2 or 3 people to handle everything Viper in this country it would sure help the owners up her a lot, right now we have nothing backed by only a handful of Viper friendly dealerships.

I'm not saying DC should kiss our azzes but I don't see what's so hard about keeping us informed on our cars. We get information about fleet cars and specials all the time (we have more borcures on the caravan than I care to count) HEck our dealer even phoned Viper HQ only to be told he should be dealing with someone in canada!

Here's to hoping the Ford GT will be plentiful!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were your dad I would be looking for one of those COPO Camaros 2002 with the 700hp C5R motor, did he see that thread by Chris Marshall? On another note, there is a thread in the snake pit grill where I seem to have involved myself with a GEN 1 owner who does not believe that ANY mid 60's 427 Corvette could touch his Gen 1, not even an L88. He seems to think an L88 is a 14 second car with rear wheel drum brakes???! Know anyone with Vette knowledge that could lend some support? Maybe your Dad or you? The thread is "Hemi Rumours"

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Craig,
Gee....I think that your Dad is handing you a well contrived story about why he didn't want to reach into his pocket for a second 2003. All certificate cars were delivered to their rightful owners (or the dealers that were supposed to deliver them to their owners). There were several certificates that were turned in to DC along the way and they were reallocated to those on the waiting list. DC delivered all the 2003's that they were supposed to.
By the way, $500 over cost is 1) not a screaming deal as many of us got $100 over cost (the dealer didn't get your car without your certificate so it's ALL found profit no matter how much over cost they can get out of you and 2) The dealer picks up another $1500-$2000 at the end of the year in the dealer "hold back."
In your missive you say that you hadn't heard of a car being cancelled to any other dealer. That's because it hasn't. Once it hits the tracking list on the dealer's computer, it can be followed, step by step. I'm suggesting that either your Dad didn't want to buy the second car or that your dealer isn't quite the friend that you think they are and sold the car to someone else.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Craig,
Gee....I think that your Dad is handing you a well contrived story about why he didn't want to reach into his pocket for a second 2003. All certificate cars were delivered to their rightful owners (or the dealers that were supposed to deliver them to their owners). There were several certificates that were turned in to DC along the way and they were reallocated to those on the waiting list. DC delivered all the 2003's that they were supposed to.
By the way, $500 over cost is 1) not a screaming deal as many of us got $100 over cost (the dealer didn't get your car without your certificate so it's ALL found profit no matter how much over cost they can get out of you and 2) The dealer picks up another $1500-$2000 at the end of the year in the dealer "hold back."
In your missive you say that you hadn't heard of a car being cancelled to any other dealer. That's because it hasn't. Once it hits the tracking list on the dealer's computer, it can be followed, step by step. I'm suggesting that either your Dad didn't want to buy the second car or that your dealer isn't quite the friend that you think they are and sold the car to someone else.

Again from the outside looking in one could say that but I'm telling you this happened. The way the cars were dealt with in the USA and Canada were much different. Up here only 5-star dealerships are supposed to be able to order and sell Vipers. Did we know this before we ordered? Nope why should it matter? We were supposed to be able to choose to wherever we wanted to go and we went with the dealer whose been the best to us througout the years. Because we don't have a vast abundance of good dealerships up here nobody was going to touch the price our dealer offered us (you got $100, we got $500, it's 400 bucks, not exactly a big deal), one even offered us the great deal of "MSRP" wow, thanks.

Now about my dad not wanting to pay for a second SRT, whose talking about even paying for one? Neither of the cars got delivered and it was only 1 that appeared on the dealer's computer and then it disappeared. I can assure you the $$ is not the problem here. He has posted numerous times on here seeking help (membership has benefits right?) ony to get very few to no responses.

I can only go by what the dealer has told us and I beleive him. There are people in our area that were just getting their cars delivered 2 weeks ago, now who wants an 03 in august? The car depreciates and it hasn't even been delivered yet and with our dealer being a small, non 5-star dealership There is not a doubt in my mind chrysler bumped the cars. The only communication we've ever received from chrysler was our 2 VON #'s that's it.

Just for kicks I'm going to take them into a big dealership in toronto on monday. I've been told by people who have run the VON's before that the cars were not built.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recieved a copy of a letter from Daimler Chrysler which was suppose to be confidential. Craig is right Canadian SRT10 where dealt with different than US cars Certificates did no mean crap.
I am losing any respect for the DC and their treatment of Canadian Viper owners.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's because they got lucky, cert holder sold to dealer, or the cert holder andvance sold to another owner further down the list, or the cert holder took delivery and sold when received.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am from Canada and also ordered 2 SRT's. I was informed by DC that they cancelled one of my orders because, in their words, there were not as many cars being allocated to Canada as they first thought. Funny that there are a few sitting at dealerships now.
Also the 04's are on the line but they can't even supply the parts to repair my valves on my 03 yet...

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC had the chance to rite the wrongs that had plauged gen 1 and gen 2 owners. But alas it looks to just get worse. I won't even get in to what they did to my truck.
Good luck all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang