Did you guys pay sticker price on your gen 2's?

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you guys pay sticker price on your gen 2\'s?

What kind of deals did you work out? gen I & III's also

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Did you guys pay sticker price on your gen 2\'s?

...I bought both Gen I Vipers used, the next several Gen II Vipers were all discounted from the dealers, some more than others but none were MSRP...Gen III, same as Gen II

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, paid sticker. Given the initial condition of the car, it was probably too much, but she's better now. '01 ACR, $65K in May of this year

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought my '97 GTS new. Did not pay sticker and got $53k in trade for my '97 Prowler, which I did not pay that much for!
Worked out real good! :D

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Purchased the 2001 GTS new in 11/01, I guess it was a model year leftover, and paid dealer invoice.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had to pay over sticker, but it came with a s/c ;)

Actually, John Gastmann took very good care of me on my 1st purchase.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought my '97 GTS new. Did not pay sticker and got $53k in trade for my '97 Prowler, which I did not pay that much for!
Worked out real good! :D

Talk about a good deal!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bought my 01 new in March of 03 and got it for $10K under sticker and even had modifications installed before delievery; Borla Exhaust, Mags Tips, K40 Radar In Dash, Tinted Windows. Was a great deal at the time and loved it still.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1996 GTS with 17,500 miles, and words cannot describe how well this car was maintained. The air pressure and all fluid levels were checked and annotated on an index card on a weekly basis. If anything was added (1/2 quart of Mobile 1 10W30, or topped off windshield washer fluid), it was also written down. When it was waxed, the type of wax and what area it was applied to was also written down. I got every part (each nut and bolt, original tires, plug wires, plugs, brake lines) that came off the car, and it was labeled with who removed it, the day it was removed and which Viper it came off. It came with a binder containing every piece of paper that had anything to do with the car (the original voucher, paper tags, preferential order coupon, intent to purchase coupon, the rules for the Viper GTS coupon). I could go on all day...

The individual I got the car from HAD to sell the car because of a divorce, and after nearly 2 years I still feel guilty about how little I paid.

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score

september of 04 paid 35k for my GTS guy was asking 40k....

sn8kbyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paid 60k in 2005,for a 2002 final edition with 11k. I know I overpaid a bit but I just wanted the car. C.B.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BDZ1984

That sounds like a crazy deal, what what the condition and mileage on your b/w GTS...

viper1108

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1996 GTS with 17,500 miles, and words cannot describe how well this car was maintained. The air pressure and all fluid levels were checked and annotated on an index card on a weekly basis. If anything was added (1/2 quart of Mobile 1 10W30, or topped off windshield washer fluid), it was also written down. When it was waxed, the type of wax and what area it was applied to was also written down. I got every part (each nut and bolt, original tires, plug wires, plugs, brake lines) that came off the car, and it was labeled with who removed it, the day it was removed and which Viper it came off. It came with a binder containing every piece of paper that had anything to do with the car (the original voucher, paper tags, preferential order coupon, intent to purchase coupon, the rules for the Viper GTS coupon). I could go on all day...

The individual I got the car from HAD to sell the car because of a divorce, and after nearly 2 years I still feel guilty about how little I paid.

That sounds pretty anal...wonder why they divorced ;)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paid 60k in 2005,for a 2002 final edition with 11k. I know I overpaid a bit but I just wanted the car. C.B.

What's the difference, you have more money than God... :nana:

sn8kbyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure you got the wrong guy. Although by next friday I will be very well off or a regular Joe Schmoe, it is all up to the FDA. C.B.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That sounds pretty anal...wonder why they divorced ;)

Would you be surprised if I told you it was HER car, not his? I'd rather buy a car from someone this anal because you know good and well it was very well maintained because they loved the car.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2002 RT/10 Red bought it at Paramus Dodge in NJ pd $75,500 in 02. Try to get the price down and the guy said if I didn't buy it someone elese will. I was to afraid to try walking out the door wanted the car to badd. Knowing what I know now and how a lot of people don't want to miles on the car I would have bought a 2001 with low miles...Adrian

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BDZ1984

That sounds like a crazy deal, what what the condition and mileage on your b/w GTS...

43k miles, never hit, no paint work, all recalls done, never raced, only issue was the tranny needed to be gone through.. It was also 3 miles from my house to.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Did you guys pay sticker price on your gen 2's?

No, but then again I just bought it 3 months ago. :laugh:

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sticker price= 79,000
price paid = 70,200 including sales tax
brand new from woodhouse 2002 FE...

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bought my BW 1997 new in may of 98, Went down for a new 98 RT 10 w windows & the had the B&W GTS under the lights, gave me 20k for my 94 vette w 90k miles on it too~!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456