Did you regret putting a Paxton on your SRT? Help!

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure he will jump in, but I recall he has a ~5 gallon tank located in the trunk, probably with extra supporting pumps, perhaps another intercooler mounted in the rear, etc.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 05 Comm. Edition with a Stage 3+ package. I wanted a high horsepower detuned motor built for longevity. This package yields over 900rwhp after 6 consecutive pulls at 98 degrees. Since I wanted to have the ability to boost several times in row without any loss I used the DLM remote extra large cooler over the rpassenger rear axle. The entire set-up adds 4.5 gallons of additional coolant. Then a remote pump to circulate the water back to the intercooler. The system is flawless. I showed Larry Macedo the system with Doug when we used his shop a few yrs ago to dyno my car again. All I heard was impressive from Mr Macedo. It is one impressive must set-up for the deep south and high speed runs.

At the track I had 3 runs in Bradenton with street tires(Pirellis) in 06 at bradenton. I ran a 10.40 & then a 10.43 & 10.45 all in 15 minutes or less. This was on 93 octane & a very conservative tune. Well this proved to me what so many have said about Dougs ability to build a fast and reliable street car that will be consistent each and every time you decide to hammer it. I currently have 31,000 miles on the car Doug built for me. Other then maintenance and a clutch the car DLM has built for me satisfies my need for speed.

OMG this is 399th post already

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am jealous Richie-that is some set up. I wish I had those numbers-that is the reason I kept my 06 coupe. Whew- I am getting the itch for more hp.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I used the DLM remote extra large cooler over the rpassenger rear axle."

Thanks for posting Richie. I think we met at the party at Doug's house in December, 2006. I am still not clear on what was done. Can you post a photo? Is the "extra large cooler" a tank of additional fluid? And when you say above the passnger side rear axle, do you mean in the trunk or wheel well or where? Also, since a gallon of water weighs 8.33 pounds and 4.5 gallons would therefore be about 37 pounds, does it also have the incidental benefit of helping with traction? Please advise.
Thanks.

Bob

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are very lucky to have the best tuner in the country in your immediate area Bob. Since I was the first with this system I rather have Doug explain it so there is no misunderstanding about the benefits and features of the set up. I should be down in Miami in the next few weeks. I need to get Doug & IvanHo to hit the Tower shops with me and then it is time to smoke a few Murcis. I will let you know when I come down Bob.

Currrently I'm testing another upgrade for Doug that I wanted and need to give my Mentor a call this morning.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are very lucky to have the best tuner in the country in your immediate area Bob. Since I was the first with this system I rather have Doug explain it so there is no misunderstanding about the benefits and features of the set up. I should be down in Miami in the next few weeks. I need to get Doug & IvanHo to hit the Tower shops with me and then it is time to smoke a few Murcis. I will let you know when I come down Bob.

Currrently I'm testing another upgrade for Doug that I wanted and need to give my Mentor a call this morning.

Be sure to get and post vids. I remember the last Vid of those Murci's and one of them walked a Paxton Viper. But it didnt have the power you have. The hope the outcome is different this time and we see the Viper waving goodbye. :2tu:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike most of them I can walk easily. The Murci that was in Dougs video is in California. It is faster then any exotics I have ever driven in. I was lucky enough to be given a ride in that Lambo & I mean lucky. Between the Turbos and custom it is something every car buff should experience.

I asked Doug if he thought I could beat this car in a high speed run. Then he powershifts through a few gears, looks over at me and says it would be close. As usual I think Doug is being too modest about his latest creation.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about a Turbo Murcielago? Interesting someone would do that to that car!

The fact that the '08 Vipers have a higher compression ratio probably does not help for supercharging.

Are you supercharged guys and gals getting:

1. Any supercharger lag?

2. Any supercharger whine?

3. Any problems in 20-30 minute HPDE Road Racing sessions?

Thanks!

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600hp, 535ft-lbs at the rear wheels on the dyno, running somewhat rich down low and lean up top in 98 degree heat, with car warmed up, and without the extra upgrades. Base Paxton with DC tune.

No issues with my '03 vert, though I did need to replace the serpentine belt to get rid of some initial installation squealing.

Love it, and with 3.55's I'm still getting just over 20mpg on the highway!

Once I get my computer back from DC with a cleaner tune, I'm sure she'll make a little more power!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the DLM merci's are sick. i dont think richies car would walk it. richies car is insane but i hear those merci's are wild.....

rickie, post some vids when ya do run them

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, time to take the plunge too. At first you are simply happy as fly on **** to have a Viper, then you want more power, and more, and more. Especially since the Ferrari Scud and Lambo 560 are both running low 11's....stock. And the new ZR1 will probably run high 10's.

For me, since the Viper is the meanest looking bastard on the road, it should also be the fastest and most bad ass. So I will take my car up the the max rwhp safely possible w/out a major overhaul of the rear end. I like Richie's larger intercooler system. I am shooting for 800 rwhp (internals are already beefed up) to start, and see what thats like. Once I get that done, its time to lighten the load w/ lighter rotors and wheels and stickier tires so I dont kiss the telephone poll everytime I leave a red light.

Oh, and I need a paint job...my mirrors and hood are jet black, my body seems to be shading to a hint of brown!:mad: Any other black 04's w/ this "fading" problem?

It makes no sense to have a fast ugly Viper....so its 800 rwhp Paxton, paint job, then wheels and rotors. Now...that will be one truly bad ass Viper!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
imo if your going to paint it, get a one off color that is amazing, like the SSG. Oops thats already been done. :)

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
imo if your going to paint it, get a one off color that is amazing, like the SSG. Oops thats already been done. :)

I will be painting mine in a few weeks with the SSG and few other details. Supercharger will be next on the list.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know how I feel about a green sports car...but I am stongly leaning towards the ACR paint scheme, black w/ the red stripe down the side!!:nana:Killer!

As far as guys regretting putting Paxtons on, there are a very few that do, but it seems the overwhelming majority of guys that put them on love them. Mike R and IllSmoq are having so much fun w/ the Paxton cars it makes me want to move out to Cali!

My whole thing is that even w/ just 528 rwhp I am undefeated in CT, but that is just b/c there is not much competition here. 800 rwhp would be overkill for me. But the other sports cars are getting faster and faster. Stock Gen 4's are running 11.6's or so. That wont cut it by this time next year. With the almost 4000 lb GT-R running 11.5 and 11.6 depending on what rag u read, imagine what these awd light high hp cars will be running.

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM sent! I have an enpty trailer coming back from a drop off in TX on Tuesday if you are interested, no charge for the one way ride!

I would like to do some mods, how much for a round trip ticket from NorCal? NorCal=Sacramento area, not CenCal=San Jose area...

Reaction score
We have 6 single (your car only) enclosed trailers that run 24/7 for our Vipers and Porsche products and charge .67 per mile traveled (at a loss really if you factor drivers, fuel, equipment maitenance etc...). So if you know the milage round trip that would be the shipping each way of course. If I happen to have a delivery close with nothing coming back I can bring you in for the low low cost of $0 and you would only have to pay one way.

If you want I will get you ion the list to pick up or if you have the time you can wait for a back haul.

Thank you,

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, time to take the plunge too. At first you are simply happy as fly on **** to have a Viper, then you want more power, and more, and more. Especially since the Ferrari Scud and Lambo 560 are both running low 11's....stock. And the new ZR1 will probably run high 10's.

For me, since the Viper is the meanest looking bastard on the road, it should also be the fastest and most bad ass. So I will take my car up the the max rwhp safely possible w/out a major overhaul of the rear end. I like Richie's larger intercooler system. I am shooting for 800 rwhp (internals are already beefed up) to start, and see what thats like. Once I get that done, its time to lighten the load w/ lighter rotors and wheels and stickier tires so I dont kiss the telephone poll everytime I leave a red light.

Oh, and I need a paint job...my mirrors and hood are jet black, my body seems to be shading to a hint of brown!:mad: Any other black 04's w/ this "fading" problem?

It makes no sense to have a fast ugly Viper....so its 800 rwhp Paxton, paint job, then wheels and rotors. Now...that will be one truly bad ass Viper!

Keith, your car in the hands of DLM is gonna get you more than 800rwhp. he's only gonna promise you about 650rwhp though.......:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96