Ditching side emblems and replacing them with...

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ditching the stock silver side emblems and replacing them with car matching emblems that go on the rear bumper, the part that says Viper on them. Has anyone done it?

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with a different color altogether...
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice:2tu: However, I am thinking about just using the emblem that goes on the rear bumper, the one that just says Viper, without SRT 10. Did you paint it yourself or had a shop paint it? My 09 is graphite, I checked and color matching side emblems were never available.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if they come in black?
The regulare side emblems? Yes they do, in fact I have a pair of brand new ones from Chrysler that I got trying to decide what to do. You can PM me if interested.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, here is mine... I was playing with the location of the emblem and decided to go for something different...

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replace the red for the black and dump the srt-10.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice:2tu: However, I am thinking about just using the emblem that goes on the rear bumper, the one that just says Viper, without SRT 10. Did you paint it yourself or had a shop paint it? My 09 is graphite, I checked and color matching side emblems were never available.

I had a graphite and silver '02 ACR and IMHO the silver emblems on the side stood out nicely with the silver ACR stickers.

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just removed the "SRT-10" and think just having VIPER looks much cleaner.

What did you use to remove the residue/foam backing afterwards? Goo-gone?

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just removed the "SRT-10" and think just having VIPER looks much cleaner.

What did you use to remove the residue/foam backing afterwards? Goo-gone?
that sounds like a great idea too. I ended up using lacquer thinner and some polishing compound, the adhesive was very hard to get off.

Iceman1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Regular enamel reducer will get it done as well , you can dampen the cloth lightly with some water if you want to reduce the strength, definitely clean the area with soapy water once its off so you dont let it soak into the paint . Better safe than sorry i changed mine it went fine just clean it afterwards .

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regular enamel reducer will get it done as well , you can dampen the cloth lightly with some water if you want to reduce the strength, definitely clean the area with soapy water once its off so you dont let it soak into the paint . Better safe than sorry i changed mine it went fine just clean it afterwards .
yeah, I tried it first, would not budge at all. Lacquer thinner took it right off, I cleaned if off quickly and worked very fast.